• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big 4x4 - seven seats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    Oh my, that is really a very poor suggestion for driving in the snow. It is fantastically bad. Also hit a drift or a big lump of ice and your eyes will water at the repair bill, if you don't freeze to death waiting to be rescued.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
      Jeep Grand Cherokee.
      Never. Ever.

Guy I know had to leave his on trickle charge every night otherwise it wouldn't start. Garage couldn't trace the fault for months.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Never. Ever.

Guy I know had to leave his on trickle charge every night otherwise it wouldn't start. Garage couldn't trace the fault for months.
        I had a mate have that. It turns out you can get the key out of the ignition without fully switching the car off! And it was parked under his bedroom each night!!

So either twist it hard against the stop as you withdraw, fnar fnar, or get the ignition switch replaced.

They really are an overpriced, badly designed, thrown together, POS.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          But when it comes down to it, most people aren't capable without training, so just get some decent snow tyres, it'll improve you with plenty quickness and much cheapness.
          Everybody should be on winter tyres in the winter anyway: the Brits don't seem to have caught on to this yet but everybody else has (why am I sighing, "again"?).

Beyond that, a 4x4 will only serve to get you more irretrievably stuck than you would be without it.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Everybody should be on winter tyres in the winter anyway: the Brits don't seem to have caught on to this yet but everybody else has (why am I sighing, "again"?).
            Nah, you can easily survive on normal tyres and snow socks when the weather is this bad...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

Beyond that, a 4x4 will only serve to get you more irretrievably stuck than you would be without it.
              Nah I'm on Bridgestone Potenza's with the wear markers showing... more fun that way.

I'm getting some new ones in the morning after a few scary moments this morning though.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by robbie274 View Post
                for that you need this Linky
                Hah, you could sort out a few traffic wardens (or in Labourspeak, Community Enforcement Officers) with that.

Comment

Audi A6 Allroad, there's a video on Youtube showing one bombing up a hill in snow.
                  Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Volvo XC90.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                      Audi A6 Allroad, there's a video on Youtube showing one bombing up a hill in snow.
                      I love they start with the BMW, it's all over the place, and one can imagine that's with a good driver. They are really the epitome of crapidity when it comes to any surface except perfectly dry tarmac.

Comment

Working...
                      X