• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New poster put up in the office.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    I thought they didn't look british. Our MoD posters aren't so exciting. I wish I had an amusing link for this, but I don't.

That's how boring they are...
    Like this one.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Isn't that the machine that has an unfortunate tendency to descend rapidly from the heavens despite the best efforts of the pilot?
      Ah... that explains the irony they were talking about.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

http://images.despair.com/products/d...rs/winners.jpg
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

That's a good site http://www.despair.com/

It makes me wonder though.

Are there still any of those hideous 80's "motivational posters" still on walls in offices up and down the land ? Anyone seen any ?

I suspect the last refuges of these godawful things are in the Sales Director's offices of places like double-glazing companies and other telesales offices.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
              That's a good site http://www.despair.com/

Are there still any of those hideous 80's "motivational posters" still on walls in offices up and down the land ? Anyone seen any ?
              Yes, take a look in the offices of any consultancy firm.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Yes, take a look in the offices of any consultancy firm.
                Oh dear. That explains an awful lot.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                X