• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New poster put up in the office."

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Yes, take a look in the offices of any consultancy firm.
    Oh dear. That explains an awful lot.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    That's a good site http://www.despair.com/

Are there still any of those hideous 80's "motivational posters" still on walls in offices up and down the land ? Anyone seen any ?
    Yes, take a look in the offices of any consultancy firm.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    That's a good site http://www.despair.com/

It makes me wonder though.

Are there still any of those hideous 80's "motivational posters" still on walls in offices up and down the land ? Anyone seen any ?

I suspect the last refuges of these godawful things are in the Sales Director's offices of places like double-glazing companies and other telesales offices.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    http://images.despair.com/products/d...rs/winners.jpg

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Isn't that the machine that has an unfortunate tendency to descend rapidly from the heavens despite the best efforts of the pilot?
    Ah... that explains the irony they were talking about.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    I thought they didn't look british. Our MoD posters aren't so exciting. I wish I had an amusing link for this, but I don't.

That's how boring they are...
    Like this one.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    They were promotional posters by McDonnell Douglas & Bell, Americans you see.
    I thought they didn't look british. Our MoD posters aren't so exciting. I wish I had an amusing link for this, but I don't.

That's how boring they are...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Go on! Be a Tiger!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    The staggering volume of people who cannot grasp the concept of irony continues to astonish me - that includes MOD poster-designers.
    They were promotional posters by McDonnell Douglas & Bell, Americans you see.

I don’t think they were intended to leave the factory gates, they both got into trouble when the media found out.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    We had some gems at the MoD: link

It's hard to read but it says "It descends from the heavens ironically it unleashed hell."

Another which I can't find looked like this with the tagline "We made it beautiful because it's the last thing some people will ever see"
    The staggering volume of people who cannot grasp the concept of irony continues to astonish me - that includes MOD poster-designers.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    We had some gems at the MoD: link

It's hard to read but it says "It descends from the heavens ironically it unleashed hell."

Another which I can't find looked like this with the tagline "We made it beautiful because it's the last thing some people will ever see"

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Or Even...

This one...

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2407/dimprawnsy9.jpg

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    James May had that on a t-shirt last week during that James and Oz program.

I think it is a chipie t-shirt.

Do I get a prize?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X