• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Management by email….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it matter? You are the one on a daily rate - its the permies who have to worry surely as they will be there longer!
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Every time I am past his desk he is bashing away at Outlook......

Is English not your first language Wilmslow?

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        Does it matter? You are the one on a daily rate - its the permies who have to worry surely as they will be there longer!
        Wilmslow is a permie : he even has the company polyester tie.

You at the back! Do try to keep up with the sockpuppets....

Comment

Every time I am past his desk he is bashing away......
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I sent out the minutes of a day long technical workshop a few days back.

I had ordered them by subject area and put the decisions and actions as bullets. I had to. It was a VERY productive day and with six pages of typed notes to distribute afterwards it needed to be condensed into a manageable form.

One manager (who stayed for half an hour then announced he was too senior for this) responded by email to me, all the attendees and to my line management saying I should rewrite the bullets as paragraphs and re-order it so it reads like a story. In the order in which things were said, rather than grouped logically. And I had only included decisions, not the debates leading to them so they were not valid minutes anyway.

It was emails like that which prompted God to invent the <DEL> key.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              I sent out the minutes of a day long technical workshop a few days back.

I had ordered them by subject area and put the decisions and actions as bullets. I had to. It was a VERY productive day and with six pages of typed notes to distribute afterwards it needed to be condensed into a manageable form.

One manager (who stayed for half an hour then announced he was too senior for this) responded by email to me, all the attendees and to my line management saying I should rewrite the bullets as paragraphs and re-order it so it reads like a story. In the order in which things were said, rather than grouped logically. And I had only included decisions, not the debates leading to them so they were not valid minutes anyway.

It was emails like that which prompted God to invent the <DEL> key.
              That does make one despair! You did exactly what I did - surely anything other than conclusions it not an output from the meeting. If anyone wants to treat it as white-box, they should get their lazy asses into the meeting in the first place.
              "take me to your leader"

Comment

He is spouting war and peace by email (not much peace though….)

Current coping mechanism is to ignore emails.

Getting to the point he is still refusing to talk to people and sending the same email message out several times.
                Hmmm yeah I've had a few idiots like this.

Method 1:

Confront them & ask them what the hell is going on & why they think they can ignore you?

Method 2:

<Reply To All>

Dear Cretin,

Instead of firing out hundreds of pointless emails & then ignoring anyone who has taken the time to respond, how about you get off your fat arse & actually talk to the people face to face. It's nicer that way...

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X