• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seeing a doctor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make an appointment with a local surgery and register as a temporary patient (fill in form). Take the form in with you to see the Doc and he'll write stuff on it. You then give the form to your own GP and they update your records.

Comment

Watch out if you're in Germany. I went to a local doctor and tried to explain a persistent headache and flu symptoms, and they gave me a full-blown eye-test, which I thought was part of a new improved diagnosis method. They sent me a significant bill.

And my German dentist didn't use anaesthetic for a deep filling. Brits don't like to show pain to Johnny Foreigner, so I suffered in silence. Mug.

Neither spoke English, another reason why I was learning German.

Comment

Tsk, tsk. Contractors these days.

Phone Bupa, get an appointment nearby in your lunch break. Job done, no invoicing time lost.

Only if you need expensive prescription drugs do you then make a follow up appointment with an NHS doctor so that you can get the subsidised prescription.

Comment

I believe I'm still registered with a GP practise in a town I haven't lived in for twenty-five years. Good thing I don't get ill

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I believe I'm still registered with a GP practise in a town I haven't lived in for twenty-five years.
            Quite right too. I wouldn't go back to a GP that couldn't spell practice either.

Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              If so, do NOT rinse it in neat Dettol. You will NOT be able to explain the consequences to your other half.

Too right. Anyway : doesn't everyone know that dettol should be applied with a wire brush?

Comment

Just call the nearest surgery and make an appointment, sign the form which makes you a temporary resident so a doc will see you.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  And my German dentist didn't use anaesthetic for a deep filling. ...
                  Mine did that too - apparently many patients do opt for this to save money. I won't fall for that again!
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X