• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you make it it work today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No snow here this morning.
    Now tomorrow will be a completely different story.
    If I weren't on a tulipe rate I'd give it a try.

Comment

2.5 hours on the London Underground train for a journey that in no-snow conditions would take me 1hour 20 mins to walk !

Comment

Nope.

There is only so many times I can be coughed on and squashed under fat men's armpits.

And I would have had to go by river to finish my journey.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

All I had to do was put my cacks and wife-beater on and walk downstairs
          my ferret is your ferret

Comment

I was in and half the permies had called in sick!!!. Nice easy drive into work, and a nice easy drive home until I got off the main roads round where I live. The ****ers haven't gritted!!!!

In the end I had to leave my car about a mile from home and go back this evening with a spade to dig some snow out of the way in an attempt to get traction. Took me an hour to get it home.

If they haven't done any gritting tomorrow I suspect I shall be staying at home. I admit it's good fun driving sideways down the roads, but not so fun when you get stuck in a slippery bit with your wheels just spinning away....

Comment

I was planning to do some stuff to (hopefully) impress a potential client of some importance, but the electricity failed mid-afternoon

One might expect that, being adjacent to a Pelican crossing on a busy road and next door to a doctor's surgery (both of which were also fscked), the leccy people might have sorted things out quite rapidly.

But no - it's only just been sorted in the early hours of the morning
              Last edited by NickFitz; 3 February 2009, 03:04.

Comment

I love the snow and I love driving in it. Got up early because I know the traffic is slower. Had fun watching cars trying to get up the hill near me. The drivers think that if they get stuck they need to accelerate more! I hope the snow lasts.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I love the snow and I love driving in it. Got up early because I know the traffic is slower. Had fun watching cars trying to get up the hill near me. The drivers think that if they get stuck they need to accelerate more! I hope the snow lasts.
                  I've just been caught behind 4 cars, at the front was some idiot driving at about 10mph. I wouldn't mind, but the roads have been gritted!

Comment

Nice and clear in central LOndon today. I got a taxi in again : but he has to go to a funeral so have to make my own way home.

Luckily trains are running again : half hourly service on my line so I should be okay getting home.

Comment

Roads oop norf are quiet, it's because the schools have been closed
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X