• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Significant Snow for next week – you bet!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC has been running the story since lunchtime. It looks like it has the potential to be the best snowstorm for many years.
    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
      BBC has been running the story since lunchtime. It looks like it has the potential to be the best snowstorm for many years.
      Mmmmmm. Snot on their web site.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        Not there, but several of my other websites have significant amounts of that kind of material. I won't give URLs as they get more than enough traffic already.
        Why mention it at all then?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
          Mmmmmm. Snot on their web site.
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7858104.stm

They haven't made it very prominent, though - it's buried in the "More from the UK" links on the UK page.

Comment

There was a hint of it on the BBC News - don't think that they realise how serious it could be...

I see a Michael Fish moment coming on....

Stay safe out there people....
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Not there, but several of my other websites have significant amounts of that kind of material. I won't give URLs as they get more than enough traffic already.
              Is this one of yours then?

http://www.pichunter.com/

Comment

If the BBC weather forecast says heavy snow, expect a heatwave.

Comment

Dont worry Iceland will rescue us :

People in Iceland - a country currently in desperate economic trouble - have shipped jumpers and blankets to pensioners in England this week, to keep them warm in the winter.

A container of woolies arrived in the north-east of England after an appeal on an Icelandic radio station. They were handed to local charities in Hull on Thursday.

The campaign started after two Icelanders living in Manchester wrote to the programme, saying they were appalled by the numbers of elderly people dying from cold-related illnesses in England.

While the UK prepares for more freezing temperatures, Australia is experiencing the hottest weather for more than a century, with temperatures in some southern parts exceeding 45C (113F).

On Thursday the heatwave reached Tasmania, with the Australia Bureau of Meteorology reporting all-time record maximum temperatures of up to 19C above the January average.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                    Dont worry Iceland will rescue us :

People in Iceland - a country currently in desperate economic trouble - have shipped jumpers and blankets to pensioners in England this week, to keep them warm in the winter.

A container of woolies arrived in the north-east of England after an appeal on an Icelandic radio station. They were handed to local charities in Hull on Thursday.

The campaign started after two Icelanders living in Manchester wrote to the programme, saying they were appalled by the numbers of elderly people dying from cold-related illnesses in England.

While the UK prepares for more freezing temperatures, Australia is experiencing the hottest weather for more than a century, with temperatures in some southern parts exceeding 45C (113F).

On Thursday the heatwave reached Tasmania, with the Australia Bureau of Meteorology reporting all-time record maximum temperatures of up to 19C above the January average.

3rd World Britain.

Band Aid next.

Comment

and the Snow does cometh with Monday looking the worst...
                      www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Working...
                      X