• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone fancy a Mich hunt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I know, I've got a war chest that could keep me going for the next 4 years.
    Take a long holiday. Better still, go back to university and learn to do something more interesting.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Take a long holiday. Better still, go back to university and learn to do something more interesting.
      China last year, took a year off a few years back to train as a chef.

Might just finish off me wset qualifications. Just need to get the advanced.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

China last year, took a year off a few years back to train as a chef.

Might just finish off me wset qualifications. Just need to get the advanced.
        Any chance you could do some work as a chef then? Sounds better than ITpermiedom..
        Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
          Any chance you could do some work as a chef then? Sounds better than ITpermiedom..
          Used to, even did some stints in michelin star places.

90 hour weeks with 1 day off and peanuts for pay at my age and with my mortgage. Not again, I could barely pay the rent.

Plan b is to run a deli and cafe, I'm scoping for sites and business partners, but with the current climate not a good move. So it's on ice atm.

I do the odd bit of consultancy for a friend who runs a deli.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Used to, even did some stints in michelin star places.

90 hour weeks with 1 day off and peanuts for pay at my age and with my mortgage. Not again, I could barely pay the rent.

Plan b is to run a deli and cafe, I'm scoping for sites and business partners, but with the current climate not a good move. So it's on ice atm.

I do the odd bit of consultancy for a friend who runs a deli.
            Why not set up a mobile restaurant to serve decent food at rock festivals? Mrs Tester and I enjoy visiting some of the classic rock bands and festivals, but the gastronomical offerings are invariably disappointing. Perhaps a civilised alternative for ageing rockers?

The idea might not be all that crazy; I think you'll find that many metal fans of old actually have a pretty good disposable income these days.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Why not set up a mobile restaurant to serve decent food at rock festivals? Mrs Tester and I enjoy visiting some of the classic rock bands and festivals, but the gastronomical offerings are invariably disappointing. Perhaps a civilised alternative for ageing rockers?

The idea might not be all that crazy; I think you'll find that many metal fans of old actually have a pretty good disposable income these days.
              Have actually been considering that. did a business pitch to someone who runs LRP events in the uk a few years back but I didn't have the dosh then.

Am starting to consider other plan b options atm or fun options such as

http://www.clipperroundtheworld.com/

or

http://www.isce2012.net/index.html

Atm, I volunteer with these guys www.wellrushcats.co.uk

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
              X