• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone fancy a Mich hunt"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Why not set up a mobile restaurant to serve decent food at rock festivals? Mrs Tester and I enjoy visiting some of the classic rock bands and festivals, but the gastronomical offerings are invariably disappointing. Perhaps a civilised alternative for ageing rockers?

The idea might not be all that crazy; I think you'll find that many metal fans of old actually have a pretty good disposable income these days.
    Have actually been considering that. did a business pitch to someone who runs LRP events in the uk a few years back but I didn't have the dosh then.

Am starting to consider other plan b options atm or fun options such as

http://www.clipperroundtheworld.com/

or

http://www.isce2012.net/index.html

Atm, I volunteer with these guys www.wellrushcats.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Used to, even did some stints in michelin star places.

90 hour weeks with 1 day off and peanuts for pay at my age and with my mortgage. Not again, I could barely pay the rent.

Plan b is to run a deli and cafe, I'm scoping for sites and business partners, but with the current climate not a good move. So it's on ice atm.

I do the odd bit of consultancy for a friend who runs a deli.
    Why not set up a mobile restaurant to serve decent food at rock festivals? Mrs Tester and I enjoy visiting some of the classic rock bands and festivals, but the gastronomical offerings are invariably disappointing. Perhaps a civilised alternative for ageing rockers?

The idea might not be all that crazy; I think you'll find that many metal fans of old actually have a pretty good disposable income these days.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravello View Post
    Any chance you could do some work as a chef then? Sounds better than ITpermiedom..
    Used to, even did some stints in michelin star places.

90 hour weeks with 1 day off and peanuts for pay at my age and with my mortgage. Not again, I could barely pay the rent.

Plan b is to run a deli and cafe, I'm scoping for sites and business partners, but with the current climate not a good move. So it's on ice atm.

I do the odd bit of consultancy for a friend who runs a deli.

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    China last year, took a year off a few years back to train as a chef.

Might just finish off me wset qualifications. Just need to get the advanced.
    Any chance you could do some work as a chef then? Sounds better than ITpermiedom..

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Take a long holiday. Better still, go back to university and learn to do something more interesting.
    China last year, took a year off a few years back to train as a chef.

Might just finish off me wset qualifications. Just need to get the advanced.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I know, I've got a war chest that could keep me going for the next 4 years.
    Take a long holiday. Better still, go back to university and learn to do something more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    F**k that, buy a chip van, get a cheaper house, go and pull pints in the pub or something but don’t go permie. You’ll lose your mind, mark my words.
    I know, I've got a war chest that could keep me going for the next 4 years.

I might just cancel it and see if the two contract gigs I'm waiting on interviews for will pan out.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I'll budge up on the bench then.

Am considering actually going to a perm interview next week

All the other options have fallen through.
    F**k that, buy a chip van, get a cheaper house, go and pull pints in the pub or something but don’t go permie. You’ll lose your mind, mark my words.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Yes, 15% rate cut and the market in NL has collapsed.

Just glad I've got a war chest.
    I'll budge up on the bench then.

Am considering actually going to a perm interview next week

All the other options have fallen through.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I take it you're having a bad week, judging from your posts.

btw got me warning light fixed on the GT
    Yes, 15% rate cut and the market in NL has collapsed.

Just glad I've got a war chest.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    thanks
    I take it you're having a bad week, judging from your posts.

btw got me warning light fixed on the GT

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    So simple minded he cant drive his module
    Bites on the neon and sleeps in his capsule
    She Loves him and She Love him
    Just for a short while
    Talking about Monroe
    And New Yorks a go-go
    .... Loves to be Loved