• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Blues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    For the same reasons, I assume you always write "Opinion" with a capital?

A quick search indicates not
    Doh

damn that search engine
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by agomes View Post
      Like most contractors, my reaction of shock & disbelief when I heard that my colleague was given 7 days notice. Thoughts of will I be next start to run though ones head.

It would have been understandable if the chap was not up to the job, but he is the most experienced in his team and there appeared to be lots of work!

It brought back memories of my last contract termination.

Initial shock, than frustration and anger that I had been sent to the departure lounge. At the time it seemed unfair and thoughts of why was it me as there was loads of work went through my mind.

My initial anger and frustration was with the people that were involved in making the decision to send me to the departure lounge Feeling of anger, frustration and inadequacy were all running through my head. It was hard to sallow, but I kept my chin up & head high through the days before the end.

It seems when the time arrives to go to the “departure lounge”, it is never is something a contractor gets used to or is prepared for., but that life as a contractor.

Within 2 weeks I was back in another contract and all seemed a bed of roses.
      Good grief...

It's business, not a club.

If the ClientCo sees value in the work, you stay. If they don't, you don't.

Don't take it so personally (unless you're cr@p, obv)

(Is that you,DA??)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
      X