• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Pain. aarggh. It hurts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I've a cracked rib. I sneezed yesterday. Ow ow ow
    Excruciating. Had 2 broken ribs a few months ago and sneezed in a meeting at ClientCo. I was lying on the floor in pain. Was sent to the company doc at ClientCo and he gave me codeine AND diclofenac, which worked quite well. No working days missed, as befits a true contractor.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      very Ow.

Just walked a mile and a bit into town to find a chemist. Blooming heck, even walking hurts. Found a chemist, could I fck find the pain killers, they had shelves of Anusol, whatever that is, something to do with the sun judging by the name. Young assistant comes up to me
      'Can I help ?'
      'Any Ibuprofen ?'
      'Yes, 24 or 48 tablets, normal or strong ?'
      '24 strong'
      'Two pounds fifty please'

Supervisor comes bounding over.
      'Are you on any other medication ?'
      'er no'
      'Do you have any medical conditions ?'
      'er no'
      'These are anti inflammatory you know'
      'er ok'
      'Must be taken with food'
      'fine'
      'And Codeine'
      'Sorry what was that about the codeine ?'
      'These tablets work better if taken with Codeine'
      'Just the Ibuprofen please'
      'But these are Cuprofen'
      'Just those then please'
      'Who recommended these for you?'
      'er..what?'
      'Who recommended these for you?'
      'er Platypus'
      two staff look at each other
      'Who?'
      'oh .. er.. a friend'

by now I just wanted to get out. Then the barriers on the level junction were down. Dont these people know I am in pain.

Give the Cuprofen a day or two to work, alswo use Ice, these should take down any inflamation. You can also take paracetamol for the pain with the Cuprofen. If it persists any longer than a couple of days, either straight to the doc, or (bypassing a massage) go straight for physiotherapy.

I had similar (from your description, I'm not saying it's the same thing) and tried to "work my way through it, it's only pain "

Still struggling on with it after two years, a couple of ops and loads of physio. "If you'd come to us sooner, we could have sorted it much easier!".
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Better go get a massage......
        WHS.

I had some tension in the lower back cause I never did my stretches after exercise, the massage did wonders. Just mind and drink loads of water afterwards.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Excruciating. Had 2 broken ribs a few months ago and sneezed in a meeting at ClientCo. I was lying on the floor in pain. Was sent to the company doc at ClientCo and he gave me codeine AND diclofenac, which worked quite well. No working days missed, as befits a true contractor.
          I've got codeine for cough suppressant. A tickly cough and extremely painful ribs. A truly winning combination. Thankfully it's much improved over the last few days.

But please, don't make laugh again!
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ok I promise.
            Just been to do, er, plop plops. Couldn't wipe me bronze bullet hole because of the pain. I need one of Threaded's spongia sticks.
            Very Ow.
            Had to use the wifes face flannel, I'm sure she wont mind.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Ok I promise.
              Don't go to the opposite extreme. I can handle mildly amusing.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ok I promise.
                Just been to do, er, plop plops. Couldn't wipe me bronze bullet hole because of the pain. I need one of Threaded's spongia sticks.
                Very Ow.
                Had to use the wifes face flannel, I'm sure she wont mind.

Sadist barsteward. have you ever had broken ribs?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Aye EO

Sorry to hear of your suffering - at these times I always ask my Guardian ArchAngel to help - it never fails.

Alf's Angel
                  Always knew
                  What to do
                  What to read
                  And where to go
                  Next

Comment

they had shelves of Anusol, whatever that is, something to do with the sun judging by the name
                    A few years back I went into a rather large Boots the Chemist to get something to help with a little problemette that had been causing me some discomfort for a little while.

I had been advised what to get and, indeed, finally found it. It was on a shelf behind the chemist's counter than ran the length of the shop. So I stood in one of the three queues of poorly peeps until one of the three staff served me. I think I got Tracey-Shardowny.

TS: "Next? Waddya want?"

BI: "Ahem. Excuse me, could I have a tube of that, there, please?"

TS: "You what, love?"

BI: "A tube of that cream, there, that, there, look, there. That one."

TS: "Oh, this one?"

BI (blushing): "Yes please."

TS (with hand raised high in the air, waving my desired goods, shouting to the dispensary office at the front of the shop): "Mrs Smegma! Mrs Smegma! How much is the Anusol? It's for this gentleman here."

Within five seconds I was outside, collar turned up, staring intensely at the pavement as I walked very briskly away. Never shall I forget the looks of sympathy from the old girls in the queue, the other two counter staff laughing their socks off and the blokes in the shop looking at me like I make a living picking up bits of soap from the floor in public conveniences.

Nor shall I forget the soreness caused by walking very briskly away.

Funnily enough, I have not been back to Boots the Chemist since...

... ooh, me grapes.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I've a cracked rib. I sneezed yesterday. Ow ow ow
                      I popped a rib cartlidge on xmas eve, still not fully right now. had my first v easy climbing session on Sunday and I'm still in bloody pain!

Hope it eases off for saturday, am off out in the lakes taking some uni students trainee Royal Navy officers climbing... i expect to be sore on Sunday!
                      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                      X