• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reminiscing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    jumpers for goalposts
    sherbet flying saucers
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      Sad git. I thought this was about blackjacks...
      Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      and fruit salads
      Originally posted by wurzel View Post
      ....and Amaizin Raisin Bars
      jumpers for goalposts
      Went to an 80s themed party at the weekend and am still buzzing after all the e numbers consumed.

wham bar anyone?

Comment

jumpers for goalposts
        Faultless Tory governments.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          sherbet flying saucers
          Cola Rola Balls - cola flavoured, silver painted, aniseed-ball type sweets.

Edible stones - they looked like pebbles. Basically encouraging kids to eat rocks.

Sweet cigarettes - chocolate sticks with edible Rizla-type paper, and the white sticks but with the red "ember" bit painted at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
            Cola Rola Balls - cola flavoured, silver painted, aniseed-ball type sweets.

Edible stones - they looked like pebbles. Basically encouraging kids to eat rocks.

Sweet cigarettes - chocolate sticks with edible Rizla-type paper, and the white sticks but with the red "ember" bit painted at the end.
            Designed by an evil cabal of private dentists.

Remember those giant triangular humbug things filled with liquorish toffee?

I wonder how many kids choked to death on those.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I was looking at a potential client's staff on LinkedIn and found myself reminiscing. Then took to wondering how so many useless twats I've met on this contracting lark all ended up in the same place. Think I'll stay where I am...

Comment

Smell of AVTUR, concentric rings lighting up the night sky, foreign ladies
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

i remember when all this were land
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Spacedust (or was it moondust - cant remember)

Used to love sticking it on my dogs tongue and watching him run around the room going mental for five minutes or so. You can get away with anything when you're six but I would be locked away for animal abuse now.

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
                      Spacedust (or was it moondust - cant remember)

Used to love sticking it on my dogs tongue and watching him run around the room going mental for five minutes or so. You can get away with anything when you're six but I would be locked away for animal abuse now.
                      You cruel bastard

I shall have to set the Disapproving Rabbit on you for that

http://www.birdchick.com/images/bookcover.jpg

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X