• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling a car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Because they're talking rubbish. What they really mean is all cars sales have slowed enormously. Vars that were once worth say, 20k are now only worth maybe 15k if you find a buyer. Everyone is undervaluing everyone else's car.

Cars will sell, you're just not going to get what you think its worth.
    What I mean is there is little interest in the higher end of the market, unless it's at rock bottom prices, and then no guarantee.

BTW we will buy your car are carcraft the car supermarket FFS!
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 January 2009, 18:22.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      BTW we will buy your car are carcraft the car supermarket FFS!
      You learn something new everyday....

Well at least you'll know how much profit they're making, then you can beat them down.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Which websites would you recommend?

Which ones give the best number of enquiries?

TIA
        Hoover it out. Scrape the stickers off the windows. Hang a vanilla scented magic tree from the rear view. Park the bad side against the wall then put an ad in the local rag.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

this website should give you an accurate guide to your current car price and advice on selling it

http://www.usedcarexpert.co.uk/priceguide.aspx
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Erm, seems to overprice to me. Parkers value less than these guys and they are overpricing too. E.g. their bottom price on my car is a grand more than I can see them for on pistonheads, and some of those are dealers!
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 January 2009, 12:53.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

At the back of my mind I still have this crazy idea of buying a Roller, if the prices dip sufficiently.

I'd have to look at the MPG though. Anyone have a rough idea how many miles per gallon a Silver Cloud would do, on the motorway for example?

Flip it, You only live once, and what's the point of driving a chavmobile all your life if you can pay a bit more for a better car.

Also, I wonder what the annual service costs would be.

Edit: There's a 1991 Silver Spirit with 86,000 miles on the clock for £11K here.
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 24 January 2009, 17:51.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Convert the RR to LPG and Bob's your mums brother.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                X