• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost Season 5

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love lost, but I nearly gave up on the first series. Essentially the first series is 21 episodes of filler and it isn't until the last episode that anything happens. The second series is better, but it isn't really until the third that things start happening.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I love lost, but I nearly gave up on the first series. Essentially the first series is 21 episodes of filler and it isn't until the last episode that anything happens. The second series is better, but it isn't really until the third that things start happening.
      I watched a catch up thing on Sky the other night. They managed to condense the last 4 series into an hour and still had time to spare!!
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I watched the first 2 episodes of the first series then I read they were making another so I never watched it again.

Whatever happened to the good old beginning, middle and end storyline? This is typical of American programs these days, it makes lots of money so they string it out and do it to death.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          I watched the first 2 episodes of the first series then I read they were making another so I never watched it again.

Whatever happened to the good old beginning, middle and end storyline? This is typical of American programs these days, it makes lots of money so they string it out and do it to death.
          I like Lost. They have announced a definate end (this and one more series I think), so there will be some sort of conclusion. As opposed to The X-Files, which just ran and ran and ran...
          If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
            I like Lost. They have announced a definate end (this and one more series I think), so there will be some sort of conclusion. As opposed to The X-Files, which just ran and ran and ran...
            Yes but at least there was a different story in each episode which means you could dip in and out, how many people would have watched lost from the start knowing they would have to watch 100+ hours of it to get to the conclusion?
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Maybe those who haven't watched Lost, actually have watched it. They just don't realise they've watched it, because they haven't watched it yet.

I'm hoping this series is going to start answering some questions...

Comment

I didn’t know the X-files had a proper ending?

Do you think they should bring Eastenders to a conclusion? Maybe the 2012 Olympic committee could bulldoze the square and build a Velodrome over it or something?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

My brother is an author / screenwriter and has some contact with the industry out in Hollywood occasionally. He spoke to one of the people involved with Lost (not sure who) who told him the first series was written with a definitive conclusion in mind. Most TV shows are written in this way in case they bomb. However since Lost took off so spectacularly they writers were told to "just keep asking questions and making up mysteries" , so they altered the ending to allow the series to continue. Basically the whole second series and most of the third is a continuation of that. They now have so many disparate plot threads that they are impossible to tie together coherently.

After the negative backlash from the fans my guess is they went back to the drawing board - actually plotted an arc through the rest of the series and will conveniently ignore all the gaping plot holes from the earlier parts of the series.

Plus I'm sure they have copied elements of Watchmen just like Heroes..
                  The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
                    Maybe those who haven't watched Lost, actually have watched it. They just don't realise they've watched it, because they haven't watched it yet.

I'm hoping this series is going to start answering some questions...

Series 3 and 4 answered a bunch of questions... of course they do raise a whole lot more questions but 4 gives you some idea how some of them might be answered. I think by the end of 4, there are far fewer questions left, but they are bigger questions, and the fundamental "what the hell is going on" question is still unanswered.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Never seen Lost. Can't say it ever shone like a becaon and warranted any attention from me. Although I did get lost once in Nottingham.

Have just bought the special edition series 1&2 of Spaced though.

Yay!!!!
                      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X