• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got an interview tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Good luck.

Let us know how you got on.
    Thanks dude. Already been offered. Please re-read previous post.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Thanks dude. Already been offered. Please re-read previous post.
      Oh fine will re-read previous post

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Oh fine will re-read previous post
        Cool, did you get a chance to read the part about the rates mixup? Any advice?

Comment

Cool, did you get a chance to read the part about the rates mixup? Any advice?
          I don't think you would like my advice.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I don't think you would like my advice.
            Thanks for your help. All the best.

Comment

Rates mixup

In these days of fixed margins and procurement policies there could be all sorts of reasons for the £7 difference.

One of course is that it's an accident, and you won't get it after all.

Others are that the agent is on a fixed percentage and has argued your rate up so that he gets an extra 70p; or that the client has decided to adopt a policy of paying £X+7 for whatever it is you do, and are too lethargic to change it.

anyway, good on you,

tl

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                In these days of fixed margins and procurement policies there could be all sorts of reasons for the £7 difference.

Others are that the agent is on a fixed percentage and has argued your rate up so that he gets an extra 70p; or that the client has decided to adopt a policy of paying £X+7 for whatever it is you do, and are too lethargic to change it.

anyway, good on you,

tl
                Don't. It's a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post

anyway, good on you,

tl
                  Thunderlizard

thanks, thunderlizard good advice.

Bogeyman

I just googled what a troll is. I am not. Although I just learned a forum slang term, so that's a plus. If you post something like "I don't think you'd like my advice" to someone who is looking for advice, is that not inflammatory? That according to wikipaedia is the definition of a troll from what I read.

Comment

Wel done, it is ususal for bolkes sat next to each other to be on different rates. I sometimes judge how far to push a rate negotiation by arguing until the agent/client says "OK then but keep that to yourself". ofcourse, they could be double bluffing when they say that, but it's all part of the game. Sometimes I find I am really on a higher rate than others, sometimes not.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Well the interview was after all an informal chat with not much structure, however I did try to bring real world examples of what I had done in that past and this went down well.

I got offered this afternoon and have accepted, contract to follow in the post. I am new to this forum, and didn't know whether to post that I got the job or not, but I figured from other posts that this indicates that if I got off the bench then other contractors see that things are picking up. I have been benched for a fair while, and am quite relieved.
                      Good one - hope it all works out!
                      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                      X