• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday Homes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    How much is a holiday home in Swindon?
    Do you want sea views?

Comment

One of them has his friends down in the summer to play Croquet on on the village green and stuff their faces with Waitrose foie gras 'without the cruelty' and quaff inferior champagne.

Tut
      You live nextdoor to John Prescott? You poor fellow.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        BBC at it's left wing, green eyed, envious best.
        What an ill-considered, ill-informed, inaccurate, ignorant, stupid, fatuous, idiotic and pointless remark.

Comment

Originally posted by crimdon View Post
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7842209.stm

These people contribute nothing to the local community and I feel their views shouldn't count for much at all.
          Agreed.
          Originally posted by zeitghost
          Emmets.
          Grockles
          It was the liberal use of these terms (and the connected anti-English racism) that stopped me holidaying in Devon and Cornwall. I won't be rushing back.

Originally posted by expat View Post
          I loved the 2nd-homer that they found to interview:

Do I like people who ask themselves their own questions so that they can give the answers they want? No, I do not.

Does this guy sound like a twat? Yes he does.

Has he helped me to form my own opinion here? Yes, he has.
          Agreed.

Comment

Whilst I can't support the views of incomers, I have to question the economics of this.

They apparently land a massive 1 million pounds of fish a year, well big deal! How much is this jetty going to cost for such a piddly amount of business? Are the fishermen going to pay to use the jetty or will the (council) tax payer be picking up the bill for their convenience?

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
              Whilst I can't support the views of incomers, I have to question the economics of this.

They apparently land a massive 1 million pounds of fish a year, well big deal! How much is this jetty going to cost for such a piddly amount of business? Are the fishermen going to pay to use the jetty or will the (council) tax payer be picking up the bill for their convenience?

tim
              We’re talking about a jetty here not Brighton pier FFS, where do you think Rick Stein gets his crabs? It’s a sign of the times when £1m is considered ‘piddly’.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                What an ill-considered, ill-informed, inaccurate, ignorant, stupid, fatuous, idiotic and pointless remark.
                perfect for cuk then.....

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  We’re talking about a jetty here not Brighton pier FFS
                  They could probably pick this one up cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    We’re talking about a jetty here not Brighton pier FFS, .
                    I bet by the time that the local council have got involved, there isn't much change from 500 grand

tim
                    Last edited by tim123; 21 January 2009, 20:02.

Comment

Working...
                    X