• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie quips that have made you laugh (inside, but not to their face).

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"He doesn't carry change, he's a contractor"

Oh I chuckle inside.

Comment

On almost every contract I've had I've been asked if I'd like to accept a permanent role.

Not necessarily with the same company though

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
        I've had two which spring to mind:-

"If you stick in hard Chris, there could be a permanent position here for you further down the line".

also...

"What's it like temping for so long then? How do you manage to get by?"

I've had variations on this a few times. The permies have tended to be sympathetic and assume you've had no luck in finding a 'proper job'.

Bless em.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          When I get asked to go permie, I answer like so: If you want really good sex then you can go to a prostitute. You will leave feeling really satisfied and you can pay again for another go. If you can’t afford her don’t embarrass your self by asking her to marry you.
          very good - will have to remember that one
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

‘All you contractors are doing very nicely but you have no job security’. 2 weeks later when ClientCo's quarterly figures were down 1 percent he was told he’d be made redundant with 2 months redundancy pay. The contractors were kept on and moved to another building to avoid offending the permies.

Poor sod.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              ‘All you contractors are doing very nicely but you have no job security’. 2 weeks later when ClientCo's quarterly figures were down 1 percent he was told he’d be made redundant with 2 months redundancy pay. The contractors were kept on and moved to another building to avoid offending the permies.

Poor sod.
              Absolutely Classic !!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X