• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye-bye Barclays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you care?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      Traders. Traders are the problem the bunch of clueless retarded barrow-boy cockney w**ker headless chicken sheep that they are. I pis on them

(I don't mean you lot, I mean those working on the trading floors)
      OI !!!!

I am/was not a 'headless chicken sheep'. The rest is fair comment.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

just out of interest (i've never owned shares) when do the shares pay a dividend, and when do you have to own them to be paid this dividend?
        i.e. If I bought today, then they announce their 2008 profits, and declare what their divs will be, do I get the divs, or is there some cut off date to stop people buying shares just before the dividends are issued?
        I'm an investment virgin, so I don't know how these things work.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
          I don't know how these things work.
          They don't. That's why we're in this mess.

Comment

just out of interest (i've never owned shares) when do the shares pay a dividend, and when do you have to own them to be paid this dividend?
            i.e. If I bought today, then they announce their 2008 profits, and declare what their divs will be, do I get the divs, or is there some cut off date to stop people buying shares just before the dividends are issued?
            I'm an investment virgin, so I don't know how these things work.
            loss
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Why do you care?

Alright, don't get out of your pram. What's it to you why I care?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                loss
                She’s right you know.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  OI !!!!

I am/was not a 'headless chicken sheep'. The rest is fair comment.

You can have a free CUK pass, but tell your mates I will rip off their heads and pis in the hole if they don't start buying BARC.
                  Although I see it did bounce off 70 so well done fellow CUKers.
                  Bored.

Comment

Alright, don't get out of your pram. What's it to you why I care?
                    You shouldn’t care because the whole thing’s a big fruit machine. The fact that a share went down says nothing about whether it will go up or down in five minutes, five weeks or five years time. You’ve fallen for the Monte Carlo fallacy, just like millions of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      She’s right you know.
                      No, she's wrong - Barclays have already pre-declared 2008 profit exceeding analyst expectations.
                      They also announced that a dividend announcement will take place 2nd half 09 (it is currently ceased). But that was when the stock price was double what it is now.
                      Bored.

Comment

Working...
                      X