• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online diagnosis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll walk into the NHS doctors. He/she will be busy typing the last patient notes into the PC.

They'll give you a glance and carry on typing.

"What seems to be the problem?" they'll ask, without looking at you.

"I've had a cough....blah, blah".

They'll glaze over. Give you a 10 second look and say.

"Probably viral. Antibiotics will have no effect. You need to take pain killers and a decongestant. Will work it's way clear in a few weeks."

Next!

And you'll think "I'm glad the average GP is on a £200K salary now."

Comment

Sounds like you need to take up cycling, that'll clear it up.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I'm really sorry NotAllThere, but I'm fairly sure you have Ebola.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

If you have a foam mattress then check its not got mould spores underneath

Comment

what colour snot are you coughing up ?

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Man (the ****) up, you've got a cold.

They last for about 2-3 weeks unless you get re-infected mid-way through in which case you'll get an extra 1-2 weeks.

Couple of paracetamol and maybe gargle with some TCP. Sleep on your front (stops your night time snot dripping down the back of your throat).
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Breathing difficulty suggests some fluid build-up or bronchi constriction. As threaded suggests, exercise might clear it up. Or kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  My uncle Dave had exactly those symptoms.

He died two weeks later.

HTH
                  There is no need to be quite so pessimistic, the OP might last longer than that.

- my great-uncle Arthur had exactly the same symptoms and it was three weeks before they killed him.

Comment

A viral cough can last for a good few weeks so your GP will politely tell you to GTF.

That is what the gf says she does anyway.

Comment

If you are coughing up crap and wheezing a lot it's probably a bacterial chest infection ( viral infections dont cause the mucus, just the fever and general crappyness ).

If not treated they can rumble on for weeks and the rest of the symptoms match. A trip to the GP and a weeks worth of antibiotics will sort it.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X