• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big Chef Little Chef

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
    Is he?

I've never 'erd of him.

tim
    Runs a restaurant called the "fat pig". Reckoned by some to be the best restaurant in the world. Has a 3 star Michelin rating (they are like rocking horse tulip).

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Runs a restaurant called the "fat pig". Reckoned by some to be the best restaurant in the world. Has a 3 star Michelin rating (they are like rocking horse tulip).
      You northerners make me me laugh, do you have baked beans with everything, like that old woman last night who liked them with a roast dinner, no doubt sipping cups of tea at the same time.

Baked beans should NOT be in the Great British breakfast, they are a cop out for poverty stricken crap cafes to bulk out and ruin the breakfast to feed imbeciles.
      Tomatoes and mushrooms are great, but baked beans? Jesus, no wonder this country is in such a state. Surely a bit of black pudding is enough to get Northerners on board?
      Last edited by GreenerGrass; 21 January 2009, 08:33.

Comment

People who eat jellied eels and pies with green slime on have no right to call the eating habits of others. BTW, black pudding was brought over by the romans (and is horrible).
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
          You northerners make me me laugh, do you have baked beans with everything, like that old woman last night who liked them with a roast dinner, no doubt sipping cups of tea at the same time.

Baked beans should NOT be in the Great British breakfast, they are a cop out for poverty stricken crap cafes to bulk out and ruin the breakfast to feed imbeciles.
          Tomatoes and mushrooms are great, but baked beans? Jesus, no wonder this country is in such a state. Surely a bit of black pudding is enough to get Northerners on board?
          Where is the "handbag" similie?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I would love to try the black pudding that Heston deems good enough.

His breakfast looked pretty good although I am a fan of the potatoes... not that I'd normally go for the Olympic breakfast, it's too much unless I'm starving.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Watched the first episode Monday.

CEO came across terribly but I suspect he had a deliberately bad edit.

Heston had a good edit but he totally didn't get it. Did he really think people would eat oysters and lamb tongue because some historical recipe says it is traditional. A curry is much more authentically British to real people than that will ever be.

It remind me a bit of IT departments. You have CEO with his grand, out of touch schemes and catchphrases, but behind it all only cares (rightly) about profit.

The external consultants with their flash ideas and CVs who completely fail to understand what will work.

The local employees, who are never going to be celebrity chefs and may be stuck in a bit of a rut, but do understand the business and what works.

He needs to respect the local staff, work with them to actually make a real improvement that people want not what he thinks people should want based on his own tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post

I think you'll find that people with a prediliction for "Baked Beans" like them because of their sweetness. Try removing the sugar and then watch the sales plummet.

With regards to your "black pudding" statement, you're way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  Fat Duck.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
                    Watched the first episode Monday.

CEO came across terribly but I suspect he had a deliberately bad edit.

Heston had a good edit but he totally didn't get it. Did he really think people would eat oysters and lamb tongue because some historical recipe says it is traditional. A curry is much more authentically British to real people than that will ever be.

It remind me a bit of IT departments. You have CEO with his grand, out of touch schemes and catchphrases, but behind it all only cares (rightly) about profit.

The external consultants with their flash ideas and CVs who completely fail to understand what will work.

The local employees, who are never going to be celebrity chefs and may be stuck in a bit of a rut, but do understand the business and what works.

He needs to respect the local staff, work with them to actually make a real improvement that people want not what he thinks people should want based on his own tastes.

He needs to hive the business off into a franchise scheme.

Comment

Little thief not exactly renowned for its gastronomic delights.

How many of us have eaten there and vowed not to bother stopping at one on a long journey ever again?

Olympic breakfast is all well and good but the problem is they are going for quantity and not quality.
                      The food is "cooked" (a very loose term, in this case) by people who know nothing about food.

But what do you expect, this is high volume, high profit, cheap quality, get them in the door and get them out quick.

They haven't realised that people will come back if you pay a few pence more on the initial ingredients and improve quality.

I know motorway burger vans that serve free range food from local farms for less money!!!

In the end, this is all about publicity for little thief!
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X