• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any freemasons in here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded
    And you believe him?

why would anyone admit that he is a freemason when he's not??? surely its not something to brag about ??

Comment

Originally posted by kes
      Don't get jelous theady me owld son

You're so transparent
      Are you saying I lack confidence, self-belief or integrity and so feel the need to join a bunch of institutionalised parasites like spod says he has?
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
        why would anyone admit that he is a freemason when he's not??? surely its not something to brag about ??
        Spod is a freemason, but there are plenty of reasons to brag and pretend. In popular myth the freemasons are holders of great power and influence. Imagine being part of a club that includes presidents, famous celebrities, etc. Imagine that you can call upon senior police officials, judges and business leaders for favours. I can see how that could easily go to someone's head.

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
          What is Freemasonry

If you have any specific questions PM me. Or why not ask your neighbour?
          Crikey, I didn't realise how many lodges there are - 16 in Aylesbury alone!

As for my neighbour, he's moving away next week, and since he hasn't mentioned it during the eight years I've known him, I assumed he liked it that way.

I'm getting the feeling that I am the only non-member left, a bit like that woman at the end in The Body Snatchers.

Comment

Don't worry, Wendigo100; you and me both.

46 Lodges in my area! I didn't know they accepted pikeys

Comment

"a bit like that woman at the end in The Body Snatchers."
              I think they are saving your body for something special.

I am a Mason, but I cannot tell you anything about it, otherwise you would want to know what is in the Holy grail I have hear............Oh No! I have said too much.....

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
                From what I've read about the masons it's just like christianity without praying to a god that does not exist.

From your last expression chico.. sounds like you don't approve

Where did you get from? Unlike a lot of people I do not write off things I do not know anything about.
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

The Essential Qualification for Membership

The essential qualification for admission into and continuing membership is a belief in a Supreme Being.

what's this supreme being all about???/ what if I believe that I am a supreme being ???

hmmm do you take muslims and christians in this freemasonory thingy??? they do believe in a supreme being...

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                    Are you saying I lack confidence, self-belief or integrity and so feel the need to join a bunch of institutionalised parasites like spod says he has?
                    Oh Dear Threaded... Do I sense a scene from Monty-Python about to grace the forum...

You whining hypocritical toadies with your colour TV sets and your Tony Jacklin golf clubs and your bleeding masonic secret handshakes. You wouldn't let me join, would you, you blackballing bastards. Well I wouldn't become a Freemason now if you went down on your lousy stinking knees and begged me.
                    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
                    You know you'll need us!

Comment

I thought Threaded was the Supreme Being...

By the way JC, as of yesterday I am a colleague of yours. In the blue bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X