• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices to fall 80%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Isn't LAND to build new houses what the UK is short of, compared to most other countries? Don't know if that has a knock-on effect on pushing up house prices, I suppose if ALL available land was built on then it would do.
    The UK is not at all short of land to build new houses on. It is rather short of land that you are allowed to build houses on.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      The UK is not at all short of land to build new houses on. It is rather short of land that you are allowed to build houses on.
      Well yes I thought that was implied.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I still think the UK will fall by 50% from Aug 2007 to Aug 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          surely the huge housing shortage that the UK has been facing for almost 10 years now will keep prices up and even rising??
          Errm... You really need to have a look at the forums on www.housepricecrash.co.uk

Mind you, given your comment I recommend that you pour yourself a stiff drink and make sure you are sitting down first. We are facing a financial crisis of vast proportions - house prices are a sideshow, well for the time being anyway. Employment and food and energy prices are will be bigger issues for most people in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I still think the UK will fall by 50% from Aug 2007 to Aug 2010.
            I think you're probably right and I'm not unhappy about it despite being a homeowner myself with a small mortgage. A sizable correction has been needed and on the cards for years it's only been the wild availability of massive mortgages that's fueled the gigantic prices (no news to anyone here).

Comment

So by the time it is over will we have had the biggest boom and bust ever?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                That depends on how long it takes to build and how many immigrants come in. Don't forget the thousands of immigrant builders who need to come in to do the building 'cos there aint enough here! Also with the ageing population people are living longer so families have to wait longer to buy a half decent house as there are not enough people moving out of half decent houses.
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                X