• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tesco goes into administration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Actually, a large drop in Tesco business for last year was reported today in the media, and the reason is competition from the lower-end supermarkets. They may not go bust, but they are certainly suffering.
    the suggestion of Tesco going bust is mindless. Have you see the balance sheet and assets? They are at the top of their game so growth and all is limited. What they need to do now is find out what they need to do and why are customers going back to Sainsburys, Asda and Morrisons.

I must admit I prefer Sainsburys and Asda over Tesco's - plus having known a buyer from a super market and the lengths they went and go to to get suppliers to sell to them at cost / loss - Id rather shop at a place that I know doesnt do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
      the suggestion of Tesco going bust is mindless. Have you see the balance sheet and assets? They are at the top of their game so growth and all is limited. What they need to do now is find out what they need to do and why are customers going back to Sainsburys, Asda and Morrisons.

I must admit I prefer Sainsburys and Asda over Tesco's - plus having known a buyer from a super market and the lengths they went and go to to get suppliers to sell to them at cost / loss - Id rather shop at a place that I know doesnt do that.

I'm not suggesting that they will go bust.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        A Poundland opened up near me in a posh part of town some weeks ago, but it transpired that they were only going to be open over Christmas.
        Like Oxford Street in the early 1990s. It was full of tat clothes shops who were just renting for a few weeks at a time. We assumed it was all bankrupt stock, that had been bought at auction.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Threaded is Ian Beale and I claim my free jumbo sausage.
          Who is Ian Beale?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Who is Ian Beale?

You obviously do not watch Eastenders.

Comment

You obviously do not watch Eastenders.
              ahhhh. i c. I thought the name was familiar!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Who is Ian Beale?
                Count yourself lucky you don't know who this is.

Comment

Actually, a large drop in Tesco business for last year was reported today in the media, and the reason is competition from the lower-end supermarkets. They may not go bust, but they are certainly suffering.
                  Tescos drop is not because of that. Learn to read the company doco. Then you won't look so silly repeating some PR bunnie's bulltulip, like the lazy journos in the rags.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                  X