• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man too fat to adopt (not economy)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    You are all being really harsh!
    Why? Being fat is a disability technically speaking. Self inflicted in most cases, but a disability nontheless. it means there are some things in life you are not meant to do if you are The Heffer of all Heffers.

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
      Why? Being fat is a disability technically speaking. Self inflicted in most cases, but a disability nontheless. it means there are some things in life you are not meant to do if you are The Heffer of all Heffers.
      This chap seems to be able to do basic aerobics;

fatty
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        This chap seems to be able to do basic aerobics;

fatty
        Argh you twunt, I just had lunch

Comment

I see there are plenty of admirers of the 'fuller figure' here so this should be a must see:

C4 22.00 - Half Ton Son
          Documentary following 19-year-old Billy Robbins from Houston, Texas, who weighs 60 stone and is reported to be the world's heaviest teenager.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Surely he just has to lose a stone and he will be under the target bmi?

Fooks sake. Its not like he cant change it and re-apply is it? The gym should be his first port of call, not the local rag.

They have to have a cut off somewhere. If someone had a life expectancy of 12 months, would it fair be to let him adopt? Answer - no. So therefore there has to be some medical guidelines drawn up to judge peoples life expectancy, and like it or not, being morbidly obese means you are likely to pop it sooner rather than later.

Of course, its always the borderline cases (like this one) that makes these rules look stupid. I think he should quit moaning, lose a stone and get on with adopting. He can always chunk up again afterwards if hes that much of a pie-lover.
            The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Sad for the bloke, but I can see why the rule is there.

Perhaps it's an incentive for him to trim a bit off. That would suit everyone - his wife, future adoption, people sitting next to him on trains and planes. Except his pie supplier of course.

Comment

Originally posted by bored View Post
                They assume that at 42 BMI there is a significant risk of the man dying in the near future - which would indeed be quite bad for the kid.
                Just cause your BMI is 42 doesn't mean you're going to die in the near future!!

You're very unhealthy yes, and you're at a greater risk of heart disease and other things yes....but this doesn't mean you'll die in your 20's or 30's, or even 40's or 50's!
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  You are all being really harsh!
                  Yeah I agree!
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                    nope!

i see what you are trying to say, but I would agree with having a "health rule" in the list of rules in order to adopt a child.
                    So would you not let Dawn French and Lenny Henry adopt a kid?
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                      Just cause your BMI is 42 doesn't mean you're going to die in the near future!!

You're very unhealthy yes, and you're at a greater risk of heart disease and other things yes....but this doesn't mean you'll die in your 20's or 30's, or even 40's or 50's!
                      Indeed, but the higher the BMI, the higher the risk of dying due to health problems. I presume their policy is based on some numerical data, i.e. to qualify for adoption the medical risk must be below a certain number.

Comment

Working...
                      X