• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man too fat to adopt (not economy)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    seems fair enough to me

you have to consider at what point their health might be detrimental to the welfare of the child
    Does that mean that you would take kids into care if their natural parents gain too much weight?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      They assume that a parents eating and leisure habits will be passed on to the kid....which is probably true.

I would say that a kid is better off being fat than in care though surely?
      They assume that at 42 BMI there is a significant risk of the man dying in the near future - which would indeed be quite bad for the kid.

Comment

Agree, fatties should be forced to face up to the consequence of their lifestyle.

I was on a plane last year on my way to Rhodes for a holiday. Old couple sitting in the isle a few meters away from me.

Feeding time in the zoo, air stewardess stops at the old geezers seat, he says "how am i sposed to eat, i cannot get the tray down"

stewardess looks flused, then when he starts laying into her, she says its not her fault his is too big to get the tray down, he ended up eating his food off his belly!

Sums it up really, LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE.

Too many pies? well you are not gonna be able to enjoy many thyings in life, if adoption is one of those, so be it.

lack of willpower

Comment

Lack of self control, the sweaty fat barstewards
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

You are all being really harsh!
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              You are all being really harsh!
              pretending to be slim
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I dislike fat people
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  I dislike fat people
                  I think we'd probably guessed that much already.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                    Does that mean that you would take kids into care if their natural parents gain too much weight?
                    nope!

i see what you are trying to say, but I would agree with having a "health rule" in the list of rules in order to adopt a child.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      I think we'd probably guessed that much already.
                      Hey I'm quite inclusive really
                      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                      X