• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Man too fat to adopt (not economy)"

Collapse

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    So would you not let Dawn French and Lenny Henry adopt a kid?
    ooo...cause they're rich right?

if her health is as bad as the bloke in the story, then no according to guidelines someone else has written up and included in the list of rules.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Are we certain he didn't just say he liked kids?
    He likes kids, and could probably eat a whole one...

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• TheBigD
    replied
    If this is the only factor against them adopting, then I think it's a bit harsh. If they're able to provide a secure and loving environment for a child, but the guy just happens to be a bit overweight, then I can't really see much of a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Anecdotally, my cricketing mate Ted was 24 stone and he suddenly keeled over and died at 49. No warning. He was six feet two so he wasn't a complete blancmange.
    What, did he play as the stumps?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Fair point, the odds are worse.

Anecdotally, my cricketing mate Ted was 24 stone and he suddenly keeled over and died at 49. No warning. He was six feet two so he wasn't a complete blancmange.
    No, just about 10 stone of it

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    You have to think of the child in these types of cases, he may sit on the child if distracted or mistake him for a cheese and onion pasty, the consequences could be dire.
    Though not are dire as your postings.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    You have to think of the child in these types of cases, he may sit on the child if distracted or mistake him for a cheese and onion pasty, the consequences could be dire.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    How many 24 stone people survive into their 50s though?
    Fair point, the odds are worse.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Just cause your BMI is 42 doesn't mean you're going to die in the near future!!

You're very unhealthy yes, and you're at a greater risk of heart disease and other things yes....but this doesn't mean you'll die in your 20's or 30's, or even 40's or 50's!
    How many 24 stone people survive into their 50s though?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Are we certain he didn't just say he liked kids?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sad for the bloke, but I can see why the rule is there.

Perhaps it's an incentive for him to trim a bit off. That would suit everyone - his wife, future adoption, people sitting next to him on trains and planes. Except his pie supplier of course.
    It would also show he's prepared to make sacrifices as a parent, which would be a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Nope, their lifestyle is terrible for raising kids and they've split up more than once.

Leave a comment:

• bored
    replied
    Just cause your BMI is 42 doesn't mean you're going to die in the near future!!

You're very unhealthy yes, and you're at a greater risk of heart disease and other things yes....but this doesn't mean you'll die in your 20's or 30's, or even 40's or 50's!
    Indeed, but the higher the BMI, the higher the risk of dying due to health problems. I presume their policy is based on some numerical data, i.e. to qualify for adoption the medical risk must be below a certain number.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    nope!

i see what you are trying to say, but I would agree with having a "health rule" in the list of rules in order to adopt a child.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    You are all being really harsh!
    Yeah I agree!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X