• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payouts for effing bomb victims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with SunnySan

I am afraid I have to agree with Sunnysan here.

There was one solicitor who was quoted as saying ' My clients husband died and he earned 40k a year. The government is only offering 500k, will this is well short of what my client would need to cover the loss of earnings of her husband'

F-ck off. Its sad, its unfortunate and yes I think some cursory payment should take place. In addition though, where the **** was the life insurance we are all supposed to take out. If he got knocked over, or killed abroad in a bomb still have your own insurance. She'll most likely get married again, meet someone or better still get a job.

If we expect the government to pay out for everything its getting ridiculous.

My old man died of cancer when I was five, my old dear worked two jobs day and night to keep a roof over our heads. There was no bail out by the government for anything.

Please get a grip.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Society cannot be run on such an emotional basis. That in itself creates injustices. Ooh a cute little girl. Not nearly enough is being spent on her. Forget him, he's an ugly old bloke.

If there is to be state compensation for anything it needs to be properly allocated according to rules and those rules need to drawn up on a basis of need, not arbitrary criteria like whether the death was a result of accident or the result of crime.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Spod

I see you still cannot string an argument together.

Comment

Sunnysan - "If I get stabbed walking to work, either by a drunk begger or an illegal immigrant who shouldnt be in the country, am I entitled to compensation"

Yes, you are. The criminal injuries compensation board exists for that purpose.

As for the vicitims of the bombings, they may well have dilligently paid into life insurance/critical illness policies for many years in order to provide for themselves and their families.

Guess what? Acts of terrorism are excluded from almost all policies.

Xoggoth - "it needs to be properly allocated according to rules and those rules need to drawn up on a basis of need"
          It is see this site https://www.cica.gov.uk/portal/page?..._schema=PORTAL

It is never going to be possible to estimate loss of earnings etc. perfectly, but at least they have a go at it.

Comment

PRC1964, you're letting logic, common-sense, facts and rational thought get in the way of a good debate. It's not the CUK way.

Hang 'em all.

Comment

The CICB does indeed have rules PRC, but what I am saying is that it should not necessarily only be for Criminal injuries. Remember also that victims of major newsworthy incidents will often benefit from public appeals and I would assume (not sure) that such funds have charitable status and effectively receive taxpayers money. Victims of minor incidents do not.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                I see you still cannot string an argument together.
                It's a pity your Dad didn't have a wank instead MF.
                Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
                You know you'll need us!

Comment

What?

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
                  Onanism, seed-spilling, masturbation?
                  You know, I reckon you're not really Jesus at all! I think you're an impostor.
                  Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                    Onanism, seed-spilling, masturbation?
                    You know, I reckon you're not really Jesus at all! I think you're an impostor.

Hey DG, I'm just like the rest of the Church, Do as I Say, Not As I Do!
                    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
                    You know you'll need us!

Comment

Thanks JC. I am still surprised that when your brother was born they threw him away and let your mother bring the after birth home.

Comment

Working...
                      X