• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's buying a car this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to have another look at Jags when I get back from holiday, but certainly not new

Comment

RE The Mini

On my daily commute the bus takes me past Park Lane MINI. They have a couple of Cooper S versions in the window with pearlescent paint that look the dogs danglies.

Back on topic, I fancy an RS4 Avant (before they get too old) and also like the new Q5. Since I became a contractor I'm as tight as a gnat's chuff so chances I'll buy one are slim.

Comment

Dont like cars, they're just a necessary tool (although got a weakness for Jags) but working on getting the blessing of the missus to swap my bike for a Street Triple R. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
          Dont like cars, they're just a necessary tool (although got a weakness for Jags) but working on getting the blessing of the missus to swap my bike for a Street Triple R. Nice.
          Seen the new Ducati Streetfighter? (Basically a 1098 without fairings)

Looks drop dead yummalicious

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
            Seen the new Ducati Streetfighter? (Basically a 1098 without fairings)

Looks drop dead yummalicious
            Yeah, saw it at the NEC - lovely looking thing! when you've got that sort of power on tap though, its too tempting to use it

Comment

I am, had mine written off by some latvian scum on the M40 over christmas.

Going for a Lexus 220d

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Planning to sell our 2 cars and buy one replacement, since mine only moves once a week - could realistically be under 2000 miles in last year. The wife would like a newish Focus, whereas I want an RX8... but since she's the one who drives to work everyday...
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I quite like this:

http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-z/

Replacement to the CR-X and eco chugger for Honda

Looks nicely futuristic, more aggressive than a Prius and its good for karma!

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
                    I quite like this:

http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-z/

Replacement to the CR-X and eco chugger for Honda

Looks nicely futuristic, more aggressive than a Prius and its good for karma!
                    "Compact Renaissance Zero" - you really want something called that?

Anyway if it's the same tech as a Prius, isn't it actually a huge deception on the eco side? I wonder how long until we get fuel cells in production, after they covered them in Top Gear recently. I'm not sure how getting the energy into the car is supposed to be more efficient for a fuel cell than a battery car, but at least you don't have to lug around 100s of Kg of battery.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Just about to buy a used Freelander 2. Then I'm buying an 09 Triumph Sprint ST.
                      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X