• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's buying a car this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am buying a new set of lights for my pushbike.

Comment

I'm working out of my petrol habit have already sold two cars this year without managing to buy anything. Although, birthday is soon, and I always get myself something for xmas.

I'm missing the good old days of blasting across the continent is something exotic that would invariably pack up when I'm completely lost in the middle of no-where: what a wonderful way to explore the world. I'm finding modern exotica is way too reliable and sat nav means you know where you are.

Fancy a Subaru Forrester, and they're really quite cheap at the moment.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Go and try it out instead of going on some embittered journalist’s opinions.
        Nah. I like reliable German cars that can go round corners without falling over or falling apart.

I also don't like 99% depreciation come time to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
          I am being tempted by the new Mini Cooper S Convertible, but I doubt I will bite this year.

Unless I get the juiciest of juiciest of contracts that keeps me working 46 weeks of the eyar, I wont be buying a car.

happy getting around on my motorcycle for the time being, although the girlfriend is not always impressed when its -3 degrees outside!
          You're a man??
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I'm thinking of trading down from my Golf GTI to an old prestige barge, but the GTI has lost so much of its value this year I can't quite bear to sell it.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              You're a man??
              Yes, riding a sports bike keeps my self confidence high enough to be able to drive a mini.

I quite like them, don't want a boy racer car, got no use for anything with 4 doors and would only use it occasionally. And I quite like Mini's, despite being all but german they still retain a small feel of britishness, and with Foxtons hopefully tanking, they wont be seen as estate agent cars for much longer.

It's not as if I am interested in a Vauxhall Tigra, or a Peugot 206 CC or anything like that.

Mini in british racing green, chocolate brown leather with piping, matching brown hood.

What's so girly about that?

Comment

Yes, riding a sports bike keeps my self confidence high enough to be able to drive a mini.

I quite like them, don't want a boy racer car, got no use for anything with 4 doors and would only use it occasionally. And I quite like Mini's, despite being all but german they still retain a small feel of britishness, and with Foxtons hopefully tanking, they wont be seen as estate agent cars for much longer.

It's not as if I am interested in a Vauxhall Tigra, or a Peugot 206 CC or anything like that.

Mini in british racing green, chocolate brown leather with piping, matching brown hood.

Don't worry about defending your opinion mate. "My car's better than your car discussions because... " are about the most tedious conversations possible.

Since everyone wants or needs different things from their choice of vehicle, there is no right or wrong answer, ergo pointless discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                  Don't worry about defending your opinion mate. "My car's better than your car discussions because... " are about the most tedious conversations possible.

Since everyone wants or needs different things from their choice of vehicle, there is no right or wrong answer, ergo pointless discussion.
                  Indeed, personal taste is often the decider. These discussions end up like the old playground 'my daddy's bigger than your daddy' nonsense.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What you describe sounds quite nice, bright yellow with white leather instantly popped into my mind when I first thought of a mini convertible, I take it back.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      Indeed, personal taste is often the decider. These discussions end up like the old playground 'my daddy's bigger than your daddy' nonsense.
                      Convertible Mini is still a girl's car.

Nothing wrong in that if you're a girl, or you like to play with girl's toys...
                      Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                      X