• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince Harry and P*ki jibes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    According to my sources it is.........

Anyway the sooner his brother get married and his wife starts breeding the better for the country.
    they are all lined up against the wall and shot
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I keep having this nightmare of President Blair.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
        Because the army is full of soldiers, not soldiers and pakis? Do you think the guy he was referring to would like to have 'our little paki friend' labeled on him throughout his career by those around him? Whilst it's easy to say it's a joke or so, it's no different to labeling someone fat/skinny/ugly/thick/etc constantly.. it amounts to bullying and singling people out.
        And would your army be more effective for stopping it ? Give me an example of the New model Chris69 army that performs better because all the soldiers have to be nice to each other. You are barmy.

These guys are trained to kill, they are highly trained, well armed ruthless killing machines. The last thing you want to be worried about is them calling you names.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

My brother-in-law-to-be was in the Guards, and from what he's told me, banter like this is commonplace.

He's not Welsh, but living in Wales, and being in the Welsh Guards did accord him many Welsh jokes and nicknames, all involving sheep as you can imagine.

Water off a duck's back. They're soldiers and if being called an offensive name is the worst they have to endure, then they're pretty lucky.

It's the bullet from the enemy with the word "P***" on it that concerns most of them.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            My brother-in-law-to-be was in the Guards, and from what he's told me, banter like this is commonplace.

He's not Welsh, but living in Wales, and being in the Welsh Guards did accord him many Welsh jokes and nicknames, all involving sheep as you can imagine.

Water off a duck's back. They're soldiers and if being called an offensive name is the worst they have to endure, then they're pretty lucky.

It's the bullet from the enemy with the word "P***" on it that concerns most of them.
            spot on BGG.
            As a scouser I get a world of tulipe anywhere I go in Britain, even some pretty good insults on CUK
            If I was in a pub in Manchester and someone called me a scouse-git, they are having a go at half a million people, whats that to me? If they jab me in the chest and call me a scouse-git, I get a bit more reactive.
            Every unit in the army has pet-hate names for every other unit, plus pet-hate names for every race colour or creed.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Makes you wonder why the evidence has only just come to light now[*]. Is there some bad news to try and bury? Or Is it a Government leak, to try and discredit the Army or the Royal Family?
              My take on it is that this movie has been doing the rounds for a while now and it is better that a big bruhaha is made of it now whilst it is really cold outside than in the summer when it will be just another excuse to go out for a bit of rioting.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                The 1917 solution eh. And where is Russia now?

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  What do they call us? Just wondering like.
                  The Royal Family? "Peasants", probably.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.as...entid=12693969

"That word he used is a hate word and should never be used against any Pakistani.
                  "Prince Harry should apologise to the Pakistani Army and to the Pakistani government for this. I cannot accept his apology unless they first accept his apology."
                  If that's how Pakistanis feel, God knows how offensive it must be if you're Indian.
                  But perhaps Harry should save up apologising for when he accidentally takes out a Pakistani village with Hellfire missiles from his next company vehicle. Although that would be less newsworthy.

Comment

I used to serve in the Armed Forces and recall having to complete a questionnaire on something or other, can't recall exactly what. Anyway, one of the questions was along the lines of:

"Have you ever been racially abused / called racist names? Being called Paddy, Jock, Scouse etc is not racist" (Thats not the exact wording but that was the jist of the question)

So, if being called a Paddy or a Scouse or a Taff is not racist, why is being called a Paki racist? Is being called a Kiwi or Kraut or Yank being racist?

Dont get me wrong, i don't condone racism in its 'true' form but really, this is just making a mountain out of a mole hill IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanR View Post

So, if being called a Paddy or a Scouse or a Taff is not racist, why is being called a Paki racist? Is being called a Kiwi or Kraut or Yank being racist?
                      It's not. People like Chris do not understand meaning of the word. They confuse the word racist with offensive. They then fail to understand that even 'Good morning' can be said in an offensive way. So we are left with people who lack understanding trying to legislate for good manners and behaviour

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X