• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets hope the Police crack a few skulls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Who was firing the rockets? If they hadn't been doing that for the preceeding months, nobody would have an excuse to try and stop them.
    True. The problem with arguing with somebody as biased as Cyberman obviously is you end up appearing to support the opposite side. As I said before, I think both sides have a point, and I'm certainly not condoning the actions of Hamas.

But it has to be said the attack on Gaza is far more devestating than any attack on Israel by Hamas. Hamas doesn't pose any credible threat to the existance of Israel, which is not to say that Israel should put up with being attacked either, but you need to keep some perspective. Israel's supporters point at the rocket attacks as if the whole conflict started with a suprise rocket attack by Hamas a couple of weeks back.

The problem is none of this will solve anything. There'll be hundreds, if not thousands of dead Palistinians, maybe 4 or 5 dead Israelis, half of Gaza city will be destroyed, and all that will happen is that Hamas and other extremists throughout the world will have more support.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      So it's okay for Israel to want to wipe out Palestine, but not the other way around?
      where did israel say they want to wipe out hamas ?

they didnt!

they just want peace
      Last edited by mrdonuts; 10 January 2009, 20:08.

Comment

they have had THOUSANDS of rockets fired at them over the last few years, and the rockets are getting bigger, should they just wait for iran to send hamas a really big rocket to finish off tel-aviv, before acting?

enough is enough

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          True. The problem with arguing with somebody as biased as Cyberman obviously is you end up appearing to support the opposite side. As I said before, I think both sides have a point, and I'm certainly not condoning the actions of Hamas.

But it has to be said the attack on Gaza is far more devestating than any attack on Israel by Hamas. Hamas doesn't pose any credible threat to the existance of Israel, which is not to say that Israel should put up with being attacked either, but you need to keep some perspective. Israel's supporters point at the rocket attacks as if the whole conflict started with a suprise rocket attack by Hamas a couple of weeks back.

The problem is none of this will solve anything. There'll be hundreds, if not thousands of dead Palistinians, maybe 4 or 5 dead Israelis, half of Gaza city will be destroyed, and all that will happen is that Hamas and other extremists throughout the world will have more support.

Sorry that I am biased but I have about 40 years of experience of watching Israel trying for peace and Palestine always breaking that peace. Then of course we have all of the terrorist events over those years that are almost 100% carried out by muslims and backed by muslim states. Nobody will ever convince me that suicide bombings, 9/11, aircraft hijackings, kidnapping and murder of innocent workers by beheading etc can ever be justified.
          Most Muslim leaders just do not want peace with western nations so I will always back Israel because when it comes to the crunch they will be our ally whereas Muslims will never be our allies in the long-term.

Comment

Am I the only one here who thinks both sides are wrong?

I propose to build a big wall between them. Or nuke em both. That would bring peace.....

Comment

... and of course the latest disgusting event was the calling of the Hamas leader for people in other countries to murder Jewish children.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I propose to build a big wall between them. Or nuke em both. That would bring peace.....
                I said that in my first thread on the subject, you cannot gain a moral high ground when you are bombing built up areas to stop bombing of built up areas. No one ever wins anything by bombing cities. I actually worry about people who let themselves get involved and take sides without ever knowing the real situation, their opinions are formed by bite sized chunks.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

No you're not alone. However, I think the israeli's have already built one wall although not around the gaza strip.

Before there can be peace, the 'terrorists' have to be negotiated with providing there are some acceptable conditions between the parties. Each sides intransigence just leads to stalemate.

The egyptian's and israeli's grasped this nettle so it can be done. Just needs the will of those concerned.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I don't claim to know what the "correct" policy should be for Israel in response to 1000s of rockets and suicide bombers over the years. However I would like to know - Where were all these demonstrators when Russia was blasting Grozny (in Chechnya) to pieces? Is it ok to kill Muslims when you're Russians (and not Jews)?
                    Sometimes I despair of this world. What was it Gandhi said? An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X