• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government (ie. your taxes) at work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jkoder View Post
    I think he was right too. Unless of course you have the knowledge of their UK chancellor equivalent as well as the intelligence and experience. It is possible you could make a good call about something but without having the scope it would always be a guess or a recommendation based on the small amount of info that's available to you, not to mention the fact they are thinking for a whole country, you just don't have the experience and knowledge to to think like this and why would you? You're an IT contractor from the UK

Alistair Darling is a solicitor from Edinburgh.
    And economics has been a hobby of mine ever since the 1990 recession.
    Anyone who could not predict the mess we are in (which includes Gordon Brown) is an idiot in my book, as I managed to do it and even profit from it.

Your blind assumption of expertise at the top shows you are idiot who doesn't understand how the real world works.

HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Really the best thing the government could do, is the last thing they're likely to do: do nothing.

You can guarantee whatever meddling they dream up will only make things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Anyone who could not predict the mess we are in (which includes Gordon Brown) is an idiot in my book, as I managed to do it and even profit from it.
        I agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
          Really the best thing the government could do, is the last thing they're likely to do: do nothing.

This is true in times of boom. In times of bust the givernment is really the only entity that can kick start the economy.
          That lesson was learned in the Great Depression.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post

You can guarantee whatever meddling they dream up will only make things worse.

There's some truth in that. After all, government meddling has got us where we are today.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

There's some truth in that. After all, government meddling has got us where we are today.
              Wrong actually. Lack of government meddling in the form of:

1. Excessive de-regulation of financial institutions
              2. Lax monetary policy

got us where we are today.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Wrong actually. Lack of government meddling in the form of:

1. Excessive de-regulation of financial institutions
                2. Lax monetary policy

got us where we are today.
                Sassy, you seem to know the answer to everything. Have you thought of appearing on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

I'm sure even if you choose the wrong answer, you could entertain us by arguing with the quiz master that you know best.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                  I think the future lies with making all jobs pay exactly the same amount of money equally, regardless of the job. All future houses are built to an exact specification, and 50% of all tax money is spent on the military.
                  Smacks of communism - but what the Hell - I like it.

Comment

Your blind assumption of expertise at the top shows you are idiot who doesn't understand how the real world works.

HTH
                    Darling was also an ardent Communist in his time with Edinburgh Council - did you ken that ?

Like it or not we are being conditioned for a Communist Light Society - its all going according to plan.
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 12 January 2009, 11:04.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Sassy, you seem to know the answer to everything. Have you thought of appearing on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

I'm sure even if you choose the wrong answer, you could entertain us by arguing with the quiz master that you know best.

It just seems I know everything from the point of view of your puny intellect.
                      HTH
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X