• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Support cost calc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is 1st 2nd line, so again I'm assuming minium staff, if they want 2 on shift they can double the quote

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

3* 8 hour shifts plus a reserve.

Actually if you ask my current ClientCo, 2161;

1 who does the work.
      1 who pretends to be able to take over but can’t.
      1 Team Manager
      1 Project Manager
      1 Compliance Officer
      2 Project Secretaries
      362 Purchasing Managers
      737 HR Consultants
      62 Lean Six Sigma Consultants
      27 Process Managers
      960 Bob Shawadiwadis to produce untested cack
      5 directors to take most of the money
      1 agent to take 30% of the money and complain that margins are under pressure
      There are 168 hours a week, even dividing by 4 gives a 42 hour week each. Then add on Hols/Sick must be a lot more.

Comment

It depends on what you're supporting. If a lot of this stuff can be self monitoring / healing, you can have people on call which will reduce the amount of staff you need.
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

True. I think a lot of this will depend on the volumes. Thanks for input.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
            It depends on what you're supporting. If a lot of this stuff can be self monitoring / healing, you can have people on call which will reduce the amount of staff you need.
            Oi! Whose side are you on??
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Manic View Post
              Can anyone tell me miniumum staff required to staff a 365*7*24 operation?
              365*24, surely? (or 52*7*24)
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                I thought he was planning on running it for 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  If it's a defence contractor, that's why a pair of pliers works out at 300 quid plus VAT.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

lol Faqqer correct I meant 52*7*24.

Comment

Working...
                    X