• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barclays cutting IT jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    At a 20% higher rate.

BOOMED

Comment

Hmm... oh dear.

This is just the beginning. Barcap and HSBC just canned a few 'critical' projects too. Watch those 'business critical IT programmes' fall like houses of cards. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        Hmm... oh dear.

This is just the beginning. Barcap and HSBC just canned a few 'critical' projects too. Watch those 'business critical IT programmes' fall like houses of cards. Again.
        Watch them all come back with the new regulatory frameworks.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
          Only ******* work there anyway so no need to worry about extra competition from the bench.
          Cheers !

I think I'm on the way out was supposed to run till end of April, not to bothered though, my piggy bank is full and I could do with a 6 month lie in

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
            Cheers !

I think I'm on the way out was supposed to run till end of April, not to bothered though, my piggy bank is full and I could do with a 6 month lie in
            Plenty of time to work on your spelling, grammar, and punctuation then.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
              Plenty of time to work on your spelling, grammar, and punctuation then.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                LONDON, Jan 7 (Reuters) - British bank Barclays Plc (BARC.L) is to cut just over 400 jobs in its UK technology departments, it said on Wednesday.

Barclays said a review of its IT operations will see about 158 permanent staff and 250 contractor positions go, mainly in Cheshire and London.
                I thought that had been common knowledge for a while now, or maybe this is 'another' cull. They will all be rehired in a few months anyway surely.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

250 IT contractor positions is a lot , particularly when there are only a handful of contracts being offered in the City these days.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Many of the job losses are in their Cheshire base, which I've heard is just some back office place full of tape changers.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                      Many of the job losses are in their Cheshire base, which I've heard is just some back office place full of tape changers.
                      Oh dear, poor milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X