• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrorists are everywhere

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>However, we can't deny that Chico is a fanatic and therefore potentially >dangerous.

Absolutely, for the protection of society we need to bring in legislation to put chico behind bars indefinitely. How do we know that Chico is not loading up his rucksack now, bound for the capitalist non-believers in London town.
    Detention without trial is the ultimate and the final solution.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
      The website does not list the failed attempts by these Jihadists like the 21st July attacks.If it did then the list could easily be doubled. Well I am sure the people who "converted" Jermaine Lyndsay and Andrew Rowe et al are very pleased with themselves.
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

terrorism

scotland yard has a new shown a new face : state terrorism, a poor brazilian sparky was shot eight times in the head.

What the british government is doing in irak is becoming state terrorism also : SAS thugs on the loose killing iraki policemen, and a rescue attempt with tanks. If the SAS needs a bit of training, there is Iran next door, Irak is already such a mess right now.

Comment

Here we go - aah diddums the poor terrorists had no choice but to blow people up because the bad imperialist British government were trying to force democracy down the throats of the ungovernable.
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
            Here we go - aah diddums the poor terrorists had no choice but to blow people up because the bad imperialist British government were trying to force democracy down the throats of the ungovernable.
            Chico, why don't you go to Iraq and teach the islamists the error of their ways? God is on your side after all.

Or are you going to just sit their at your keyboard spouting the same old tulipe?

Comment

Agree with sappatz on Iraq.

But nobody should be peddling the impression that Islamic terrorism would not have happened without Iraq and Afghanistan. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't 11/9 happen before both of those? Our uncritical support for Israel is a valid grievance of much longer standing but what does that have to do with Islamic terrorism and violence in Bangla Desh or Thailand or Indonesia or Nigeria?

Many of the other "grievances" they and PC types bang on about are rubbish. US troops stationed in Saudi with full agreement of their government during a genuine liberation supported at the time by several Arab states. Indifference over Chechnya? Maybe if those great freedom fighters had spent less time kidnapping and beheading our citizens in previous years we would have had more sympathy. Lack of democracy in Arab countries? That's our fault is it? Maybe the West should invade and impose democracy or at least impose sanctions, oh, no sorry, that's unwarranted interference and valid grounds for terrorism isn't it? What credit did the West ever get for preventing genocide of Muslims in Bosnia incidentally?

Chico is quite right. It is the rest of you who are talking bollox.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 24 September 2005, 09:00.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                But nobody should be peddling the impression that Islamic terrorism would not have happened without Iraq and Afghanistan. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't 11/9 happen before both of those?
                You are forgetting a major qualifier -- not have happened in the UK. Was 9/11 in the UK? No. Was the UK in the list of most hated countries by the islamis militants before Iraq? No.

Essentially UK stepped out into the lights with the USA and now both countries are targets, where as before UK actually had much better relations with Muslim countries, perhaps due to general lack of support for Israel, but now decades of this work is all for nothing. Diplomats are not amused.

If UK refused to take part in unilateral attack on Iraq then there is a good chance USA would not have done it because they would have been completely isolated in the whole world. A lot of money would have been saved on both sides and number of Iraqies killed every day would have been lower too.

Comment

Much as it pains me to say it, a very fair point AtW. (That's twice). As you know, I agree with you entirely re stupidity of the Iraq war and I would not deny that the Mad Messiah's quite unjustifiable actions have raised our profile.

However, you point it is not quite as sound as it seems. There have been major attempts at terrorism in both France and Germany which opposed the Iraq war, prevented only by good fortune and/or intelligence. You have also not addressed the point, made very well by Chico's cut n' paste, that Islamic terrorism is a a much wider phenomenum. As I said, what about Thailand etc? To say Islamic terrorism is only about Iraq is absurd.

Terrorism aside, it is not a creed I want to see gain any ground in Europe. I would prefer to have a much more rational society and Islam appears to be anti-rational. Have a look on the internet at some of the (perfectly peaceful) strictures of Islam. You can eat fowl, but only if it flaps more than it glides - if it glides more than it flaps, it's forbidden. You cannot eat bird's excrement apparently, I can understand that, but does it really need saying? Lambs are ok, pigs are not, fair enough I suppose. But if a lamb is brought up by feeding it pig's milk you can't eat that either. Eh? I was brought up a Catholic and I know damn well there is no parallel for proscribing people's lives to that extent in Christianity, except maybe some crank sects.

Don't get me wrong, I may be an atheist but I do understand the importance of ritual in religion, it sets worship aside from ordinary life and provides a necessary disciplinary framework. But stuff like that is not about the human need for ritual, it is obsessive compulsive disorder set in scripture.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 24 September 2005, 15:17.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                    As I said, what about Thailand etc? To say Islamic terrorism is only about Iraq is absurd.
                    And what about Thailand?

Iraq now helps train countless future terrorists in urban warware -- making bombs, ambushes, undercover communications, planning etc. If those guys could fight the US Army pretty well, what do you think they can do in peaceful cities? The kind of natural selection that is going on in Iraq now is not going to give much chances to law enforcement when those who survive in Iraq move on elsewhere.

Chico is an idiot -- he is doing just what the terrorist want - spouding sh1t about religion and crusades. Great job Chico -- now every non-Western country knows that the only way to guarantee their own power is to have nukes and fast.

Comment

I see only 10,000 peaceniks/ tree huggers joined the Stop The War March - hold on a second I thought the war ended when Saddam was toppled back in May 2003. Maybe they should be protesting against the likes of Al Zarqawi and the insurgents for killing 30,000 Iraqis. Yeah lets look at the root cause.

AtW - please redeem yourself and say something meaningful. For the love of all things Russian - please!!!!
                      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                      X