• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are you living in the UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liability View Post
    I see a number of posts saying UK is a failed state and its end of the nation and its doomed and all and just generally not saying anything good or positive in general - in fact any chance to slate it and its happy days.

So question - Why dont these people go to another country than? Why are you still here? If you know so much about this economy and the fact its doomed go elsewhere?
    My kids are subject of a shared residence order so if I go I would have to hide for a year (or be caught by Hague convention).

Else I would go.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
      I see a number of posts saying UK is a failed state and its end of the nation and its doomed and all and just generally not saying anything good or positive in general - in fact any chance to slate it and its happy days.

So question - Why dont these people go to another country than? Why are you still here? If you know so much about this economy and the fact its doomed go elsewhere?
      Because I am a diabetic and can't afford to pay for the medications if I went abroad. Not only that, this is my home and I can get work here. America won't take me, nor will Australia or any other English speaking country. In fact, if any other Australian is like my previous team leader, I wouldn't touch Australia with a Rolf Harris musical instrument.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        In fact, if any other Australian is like my previous team leader, I wouldn't touch Australia with a Rolf Harris musical instrument.
        And they're cr@p at cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          And they're cr@p at cricket.
          They'll probably still beat us though
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            They'll probably still beat us though
            Could be. We haven't recovered yet from our hubris after winning in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
              The question is "where else to go?"

It must be English speaking, because obviously I have no intention of "going native".

It can't be Canada because that is too cold.

I can't be America because I would have to befriend an American and that is beyond the pale.

It can't be Australia because it's full of oafs descended from criminals.

It can't be New Zealand because I quite like the 21st Century.

So it looks like it will have to be good, old blighty.
              So why are you staying the UK which is cold, stuck in the past (and in a grimey tulipe way, not a quaint way), has crumbling infrastructure, and is full of asylum seekers and chavs?

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                The question is "where else to go?"

It must be English speaking, because obviously I have no intention of "going native".

It can't be Canada because that is too cold.

I can't be America because I would have to befriend an American and that is beyond the pale.

It can't be Australia because it's full of oafs descended from criminals.

It can't be New Zealand because I quite like the 21st Century.

So it looks like it will have to be good, old blighty.
                It has to be blighty because you'd never find anywhere else a place so democratic and tolerant to make even a person full of bigotry, racism and hatred feel at home.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                X