• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"One thousand, two thousand, three thousand, right rudder..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD
    Patty is quite tasty too. I've only just starting to get into this aerobatics larf so I don't really know too much about it.

I don't know how they keep their breakfasts down - I tried loop the loops, stalls and spins and a bastardized attempt at a "Hi-G" yoyo and although I was never ill, I felt quite uncomfortable doing it.

This of course might have been due to the unfortunate first time an instructor showed me a spin in a Piper Warrior. He told me what to expect and what he was going to do. When he punched the rudder on the stall I didn't expect the plane to invert before spinning - I yelled out and grabbed the instructors leg.

Very embarrassing...
    Similar situation to my practising autorotation. If I initiate it, I don't feel a thing. If I'm flying safety and my oppo performs the manouvre I get a feeling like I've just gone over a hump-back bridge.

Cue comment from WS...
    Last edited by The Late, Great JC; 23 September 2005, 10:54.
    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
    You know you'll need us!

Comment

Yep, I get the same. Oddest time was being in the back of a Warrior and being flown by another student back from Cranfield to Denham. He was getting his night rating and it was pitch black outside. What was very spooky was it was like looking out of commercial airliner with all the orange afterglow. And it felt strange being in a back of something quite similar to a biscuit tin and I felt every bit of turbulance.

What helo do you fly?
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
        Similar situation to my practising autorotation. If I initiate it, I don't feel a thing. If I'm flying safety and my oppo performs the manouvre I get a feeling like I've just gone over a hump-back bridge.

Cue comment from WS...
        If you don't feel a thing when you are autorotating....
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Not got a single clue what you lot are nattering on about.
          Nor do i want to know

Nor do i know who she is.
          But i do want to know a lot more about her....

Comment

Haven't a clue what they're on about either. I think it's something to do with the rumour that helicopter pilots have big choppers.

Who cares ...I like this picture.

I most certainly would after a few pints !

Wouldn't you ?

Comment

Working...
            X