• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""One thousand, two thousand, three thousand, right rudder...""

Collapse

• DirtyOldMan
    replied
    Haven't a clue what they're on about either. I think it's something to do with the rumour that helicopter pilots have big choppers.

Who cares ...I like this picture.

I most certainly would after a few pints !

Wouldn't you ?

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Not got a single clue what you lot are nattering on about.
    Nor do i want to know

Nor do i know who she is.
    But i do want to know a lot more about her....

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
    Similar situation to my practising autorotation. If I initiate it, I don't feel a thing. If I'm flying safety and my oppo performs the manouvre I get a feeling like I've just gone over a hump-back bridge.

Cue comment from WS...
    If you don't feel a thing when you are autorotating....

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Yep, I get the same. Oddest time was being in the back of a Warrior and being flown by another student back from Cranfield to Denham. He was getting his night rating and it was pitch black outside. What was very spooky was it was like looking out of commercial airliner with all the orange afterglow. And it felt strange being in a back of something quite similar to a biscuit tin and I felt every bit of turbulance.

What helo do you fly?

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Patty is quite tasty too. I've only just starting to get into this aerobatics larf so I don't really know too much about it.

I don't know how they keep their breakfasts down - I tried loop the loops, stalls and spins and a bastardized attempt at a "Hi-G" yoyo and although I was never ill, I felt quite uncomfortable doing it.

This of course might have been due to the unfortunate first time an instructor showed me a spin in a Piper Warrior. He told me what to expect and what he was going to do. When he punched the rudder on the stall I didn't expect the plane to invert before spinning - I yelled out and grabbed the instructors leg.

Very embarrassing...
    Similar situation to my practising autorotation. If I initiate it, I don't feel a thing. If I'm flying safety and my oppo performs the manouvre I get a feeling like I've just gone over a hump-back bridge.

Cue comment from WS...
    Last edited by The Late, Great JC; 23 September 2005, 10:54.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Removed to protect the guilty...
    Saw it - I thought it was you when I called your alias Mr Rotary!!

What are you flying now?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    So Hyper, who's the best pilot? Your commie or "The great Ms Wagstaff"?
    Patty is quite tasty too. I've only just starting to get into this aerobatics larf so I don't really know too much about it.

I don't know how they keep their breakfasts down - I tried loop the loops, stalls and spins and a bastardized attempt at a "Hi-G" yoyo and although I was never ill, I felt quite uncomfortable doing it.

This of course might have been due to the unfortunate first time an instructor showed me a spin in a Piper Warrior. He told me what to expect and what he was going to do. When he punched the rudder on the stall I didn't expect the plane to invert before spinning - I yelled out and grabbed the instructors leg.

Very embarrassing...

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    ...into the ground eventually unless you use an autopilot on Alt hold.

Mind you JC, you are right, during PPL training I used to come back with bulging biceps because I never used to trim the a/c in flight properly. Even worst when practising asymetric on a twin I have to use the rudder trim otherwise I'll leave the plane walking like John Wayne.

BTW, are you a helo pilot? (posting under another name?)
    Removed to protect the guilty...
    Last edited by The Late, Great JC; 23 September 2005, 10:25.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Trim an aeroplane and it'll fly itself...
    ...into the ground eventually unless you use an autopilot on Alt hold.

Mind you JC, you are right, during PPL training I used to come back with bulging biceps because I never used to trim the a/c in flight properly. Even worst when practising asymetric on a twin I have to use the rudder trim otherwise I'll leave the plane walking like John Wayne.

BTW, are you a helo pilot? (posting under another name?)

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Boom-tishhh!

No, ever since the Red Bull Racing was aired, and being a pilot I came across (ooo, err) this young filly and her amazing control of her stick.
    Trim an aeroplane and it'll fly itself...

So Hyper, who's the best pilot? Your commie or "The great Ms Wagstaff"?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Boom-tishhh!

No, ever since the Red Bull Racing was aired, and being a pilot I came across (ooo, err) this young filly and her amazing control of her stick.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    She just told me this morning while getting out of bed...

oh - thats odd she didn't say anything last night, hope you didn't mind the sloppy seconds, but I hear thats what ur into, she said you don't mind.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    She just told me this morning while getting out of bed...

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    cool how did you find this out?

Leave a comment:

• "One thousand, two thousand, three thousand, right rudder..."

I see the lovely Svetlana will be competing in the FIA World Grand Prix again in the Sukhoi 29 next year...

Working...
X