• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need a job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ, who the f**k are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Christ, who the f**k are you?
      Are you addressing moi?
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
        IMO, You "lost" it here.
        Lets re-read your first post and dissect its real meaning.

No -This is just your attempt to avert criticism that "may" come your way. Thats very "sensitive" of you but how do you know this could happen? Hmmmmm. you've probably used this "feel soory for me, I'm a victim" technique all your life.
        I'm just calling you out on it here. No doubt you will protest your innocence or make out "you're really nasty". Anything to make people feel sorry for you eh?

Second part of your cynical attempt to make the reader feel sorry for you. However, we now know you're a contractor and not the permie who's been in a job for 10 years and through no fault his own, is made redundant..
        That change in emphasis is what you're all about. its also called being slippery and slimy.

And now the pathetic "hard sell". What sort of place do you think this is? Well you obviously know that its a forum and not a job board, so why advertise yourself? height of bad manners IMO.
        All this slyness, just makes you out as a bit creepy. No wonder noone wants to hire you.

Good luck - but as someone said here before.
        - Stop touting on this board and try to get a job through the normal channels.
        Ivor, you're an ass.

Sally, I'm just looking for a job. If that somehow offends you, then I'm sorry. Sorry for you.

Comment

Actually Sal, no one has gone as far as offering him a job, we're not pimps you know....
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by rob_m View Post
            There are quite a few constructive posts here, and I do thank everyone for them.

To answer some queries, yes, I have an undergrad degree in IT. I'm about half way through an MBA, but put it aside to work, as I felt at the time experience was more important (plus it was very time consuming to work and study at the same time).

I've been predominantly a contractor, and my preference is for contracting, however in this market, I'll take anything. No point in throwing away a perfectly good permie role while the bills are still accumulating.

I also speak 3 languages (others being Italian and conversational Spanish).

My intention without fail is to keep looking, both for perm and contract. Much like other people, so I'm not any different from anyone else I think.

I just want \ need to be working.
            ..and I am a tad disappointed with this.

So you're not actually a permie looking at being a first-time contractor then, as I assumed from your 1st post (as Ivor pointed out in his own way - you're not pF in another guise, are you Ivor?).

With this new information to hand I would now suggest that you stop being picky and look for any role that remotely looks suitable, for a lower rate than you're used to and look rather further afield than just within the M25...

..and apply for at least 10 jobs per day - any fewer then you're not trying hard enough.
            Last edited by cojak; 31 December 2008, 18:02.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
              The psycho-analysis was not for him - it was for the likes of you.
              But, the thing that makes you really mad is when you realise that others have done better than you - just because they started earlier.
              You can hide that inferiority complex by displaying fake compassion, but it doesn't really make you feel better does it? You know why? - Because no-one displays it for you. Its a cruel world.
              So, to sustain your fragile view, you have to constantly show a sense of how you've grasped right and wrong. Unfortunately, you mix your emotions with what is real and what you think is real. This is your downfall and ultimately why your relationships are doomed to falter in the long term. You are blind to their needs and so you can never understand why they never cater to your own.
              You are Jeremy Kyle, and I claim my 5 ASBOs.
              Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

So you're not actually a permie looking at being a first-time contractor then, as I assumed from your 1st post (as Ivor pointed out in his own way - you're not pF in another guise, are you Ivor?).

With this new information to hand I would now suggest that you stop being picky and look for any role that remotely looks suitable, for a lower rate than you're used to and look rather further afield than just within the M25...

..and apply for at least 10 jobs per day - any fewer then you're not trying hard enough.

Cojak, Rob is a rec-con fishing for leads.

Comment

Ahh.. You and Sal are better at sniffing them out than I am, Ivor...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Cojak,
                    I cant blame you for assuming, because I didnt want to come in as a newbie and just blurt everything out on post #1. Problem is, if you DO, you run afoul of some people. If you dont, you run afoul of other people who accuse you of being sly or underhanded (eg the ass who has now changed tack and is running with a rec-con idea in what passes for a brain).

In saying that, I'm not sure why you think I'm being picky? Perhaps you missed the bit where I said "I'll take anything" ?? It is actually in the exact post you replied to.

Comment

Working...
                    X