• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need a job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    rob_m, take no notice of that and try and take on board what the more constructive posters have suggested.
    WHS
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Project managers will be first in to the recession and first out. Your choices as I see it:

1. Hold tight for a year or two (or three ) and then get a great PM contract riding the early wave of recovery

2. Get lucky

3. Do something else

HTH
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        I think so. Not everyone is as clued up as the "experts" on here.

And as for dissecting "real meanings"... there's a geezer here who wants a bit of advice, not psycho-analysis by someone who doesn't know what he's on about. Cojak covered any weakness in the geezer's attitude in her very short comment entitled: "Don't Panic". It doesn't need a load of amateur psycho-claptrap on top.

rob_m, take no notice of that and try and take on board what the more constructive posters have suggested.
        The psycho-analysis was not for him - it was for the likes of you.
        However, for the likes of others and not for you, here is the basic label pinned to your back......
        DS....Your sympathy for his plight isn't suprising. Its just a manifestation of your guilt at failing your electronics course. Think of it as your penance......You have to feel sorry "for the less fortunate than yourself".

Yes, most of the time, you can hold your head up high - you're earning meagabucks as a contractor (well you'd like to think so) but that early "blip" still haunts you occasionally. Its made worse when you worry that your future is not as certain as it once was.

But, the thing that makes you really mad is when you realise that others have done better than you - just because they started earlier.
        You can hide that inferiority complex by displaying fake compassion, but it doesn't really make you feel better does it? You know why? - Because no-one displays it for you. Its a cruel world.
        So, to sustain your fragile view, you have to constantly show a sense of how you've grasped right and wrong. Unfortunately, you mix your emotions with what is real and what you think is real. This is your downfall and ultimately why your relationships are doomed to falter in the long term. You are blind to their needs and so you can never understand why they never cater to your own.

But you keep fighting the good fight for others (as you see it)......I just hope you open your eyes before its too late....and realise the hyprocrasy of it all.

Comment

Crikey, now Doggy Styles is copping it!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Crikey, now Doggy Styles is copping it!
            sockpuppet - and a very poor one. Best to just ignore it.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

ooo ooo....... Ivor....me next!!

Comment

Ivor - I sense a troubled child hood? Not enough attention from Mummy? Was she too engorssed in the younger siblings to give you the love required?

Sit down with me - lets talk about this - I can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
                  However, for the likes of others and not for you, here is the basic label pinned to your back......
                  DS....Your sympathy for his plight isn't suprising. Its just a manifestation of your guilt at failing your electronics course. Think of it as your penance......You have to feel sorry "for the less fortunate than yourself".

Yes, most of the time, you can hold your head up high - you're earning meagabucks as a contractor (well you'd like to think so) but that early "blip" still haunts you occasionally. Its made worse when you worry that your future is not as certain as it once was.

But, the thing that makes you really mad is when you realise that others have done better than you - just because they started earlier.
                  You can hide that inferiority complex by displaying fake compassion, but it doesn't really make you feel better does it? You know why? - Because no-one displays it for you. Its a cruel world.
                  So, to sustain your fragile view, you have to constantly show a sense of how you've grasped right and wrong. Unfortunately, you mix your emotions with what is real and what you think is real. This is your downfall and ultimately why your relationships are doomed to falter in the long term. You are blind to their needs and so you can never understand why they never cater to your own.

But you keep fighting the good fight for others (as you see it)......I just hope you open your eyes before its too late....and realise the hyprocrasy of it all.
                  there's something wrong with ivor....so just ignore it..

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post

Blah blah blah blah blah
                    One day IvorBigun, you will fall on your own sword.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Can I just ask why ANYONE would give this bloke any constructive advice?

We're not running the fricken samaritans here - he's came on this board saying he's looking for a job and is "prepared to work for pretty much any salary" and you lot are helping him out?

FFS - I tell you what mate, I'll give you my clients details and you can contact them and undercut me if you like?

This is a cut-throat industry and only the strongest are going to survive over the next year, so can everyone get a fricken clue please?!

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X