• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nutters on CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    In real life do create a sheet "THESE PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS:..." and pin it to the staff noticeboard, or send it to the company-wide email group, or read it out loud from on top of a table in the canteen?
    There are subtler ways to do it in real life, admittedly.
    But what's your point? Do you believe in the current post-modernist zeitgeist that everone's opinion is equally valid?
    I don't. Some people's opinions are better than others by certain criteria.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      There are subtler ways to do it in real life, admittedly.
      But what's your point? Do you believe in the current post-modernist zeitgeist that everone's opinion is equally valid?
      Hmmm.... someone forgot to assimilate you into the Borg Collective. Just remember, resistance is futile.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        Hmmm.... someone forgot to assimilate you into the Borg Collective. Just remember, resistance is futile.
        all your nutters are belong to us
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

So you admit have a closed mind then. Not open to debate in any form.

You are right. You are the only one with a valid opinion. Others who don't think as you are wrong. Therefore lesser people. Therefore we can reject their view. Therefore we can treat them with contempt. Therefore we can not give them the same rights as you, the right thinking ones, have. Therefore you can punish them without mercy as they are less than you. Not worthy of respect. Weak and therefore must be done away with so that right-thinking people like you need not be bothered with the ideas of those less than yourself. So we can round them up and put them to work on for our benefit. If there are too many then we can safely get rid of them... and so it goes.

And you accuse me of being a fundamentalist jihadist. They come in all shapes and sizes. Some in the guise of Inquisitors, some in SS or NKVD uniforms and some in hijacked aeroplanes. All of them viewed other peoples ideas a less than their own.
          When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
            So you admit have a closed mind then. Not open to debate in any form.

You are right. You are the only one with a valid opinion. Others who don't think as you are wrong. Therefore lesser people. Therefore we can reject their view. Therefore we can treat them with contempt. Therefore we can not give them the same rights as you, the right thinking ones, have. Therefore you can punish them without mercy as they are less than you. Not worthy of respect. Weak and therefore must be done away with so that right-thinking people like you need not be bothered with the ideas of those less than yourself. So we can round them up and put them to work on for our benefit. If there are too many then we can safely get rid of them... and so it goes.

And you accuse me of being a fundamentalist jihadist. They come in all shapes and sizes. Some in the guise of Inquisitors, some in SS or NKVD uniforms and some in hijacked aeroplanes. All of them viewed other peoples ideas a less than their own.
            Mostly true. Nevertheless some people are just plain thick, like you
            I don't advocate euthanasia though, I just try to be tolerant and avoid idiots.

HTH
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Mostly true. Nevertheless some people are just plain thick, like you
              I don't advocate euthanasia though, I just try to be tolerant and avoid idiots.

HTH
              I know what you mean. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                I know what you mean. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance.
                and the dutch *

*note: the view expressed above is not the view of the poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  and the dutch *

*note: the view expressed above is not the view of the poster.
                  I like the Dutch!

They tend to be a bit dirty and smelly, but they are friendly and generous - which most Brits aren't.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X