• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pope on target again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If homosexuality is absolutely normal, why does it cause controversy and polarisation today?
    Are you mad - it is not the act causing controversy but the people - an act in itself is simply that an act.

The fact that bigotted individuals cannot accept people who are different from themselves and therefore wish to discriminate against them is not a fault of same sex relationships.

You need to distance to yourself from the act and understand why people wish to discriminate against those who hold different views.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      If someone is gay, so what, their sexual preferences do not prevent them from carry out their jobs and getting on with every day life.
      I never said it did. I don't believe it does.
      When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
        The Pope is spot on. Oddball sexuality means no more human beings.

This needs raising now because the gays are getting too many rights which they should not have. Gay "marriage" - go California, go Proposition 8 - is an oxymoron. The right to adopt is facile PC pandering.

I don't mind them followiung their own lifestyle choice, but it should not follow that their lifestyle becomes normative and that they enjoy the same rights as heterosexuals.
        Hmmmmmm....more of a knob, the pope or deano?

I might do a poll...
        Last edited by SallyAnne; 23 December 2008, 13:51.
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Personally I don't have a problem with gay marriage or even adoption as this has to be preferable to the abuse many kids suffer in the hands of bad parents.

A few years ago the age of consent was brought up and Peter Tatchell's lot along with hundreds of other 30-40 something gay men had a protest outside parliament, the thing is I didn't see too many 16 year old boys amongst the crowd protesting for the right to be buggered.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Are you mad - it is not the act causing controversy but the people - an act in itself is simply that an act.

The fact that bigotted individuals cannot accept people who are different from themselves and therefore wish to discriminate against them is not a fault of same sex relationships.

You need to distance to yourself from the act and understand why people wish to discriminate against those who hold different views.
            If it were just an act, society would accept it. But it is not just an act. The act is immaterial. The problem is that it goes beyond the act itself and into demanding parity with societies norms.

If you are right, then logically all marriages should be disolved and only partnerships be allowed, because marriage is discriminatory to those who are not married. This is not what happened? Why, because society would not coutenance such a move. Male and femaile relationships are ingrained in society, built around them, and cannot be disregarded for the sake of political correctness.

We do discriminate against people who hold different views. We do it all the time, but that isn't the same as accepting their right to hold those views. I maintain that society can accept homosexuals, and can provide them with the same protections that real marriage affords its participants, without forcing the concept of gay "marriage" on society as a normal thing.

Nobody has yet told me why we need to make provision for the ceremonial part of gay "marriages". Why cannot the participants merely fill in a form and that be that? If they want to throw a party afterwards, fine. What is the reason for the ceremonial aspect requiring a registrar?

Answer: In order to give the appearance of it being equivalent to real marriage.
            When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              Hmmmmmm....more of a knob, the pope of deano?

I might do a poll...
              You go girl. Then get your husbands tea on.

Comment

good grief - what have I started??

The point of my original post was to point out how dumb the pope was to focus his concern on homosexuality at a time when the world has MUCH more serious problems. I didn't intend to start a bigotted gay-bashing session....my apologies to anyone who is offended,
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Nobody has yet told me why we need to make provision for the ceremonial part of gay "marriages". Why cannot the participants merely fill in a form and that be that? If they want to throw a party afterwards, fine. What is the reason for the ceremonial aspect requiring a registrar?

Answer: In order to give the appearance of it being equivalent to real marriage.
                  Question: what's it to you?

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                    good grief - what have I started??

The point of my original post was to point out how dumb the pope was to focus his concern on homosexuality at a time when the world has MUCH more serious problems
                    Perhaps if you’d been celibate all your life you’d think sexuality is the most important thing on earth right now.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

So heterosexual marriages that are performed by civil ceremony should be abolished aswell and replaced by some online form you fill in.

Very romantic indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X