• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British economy well positioned for the modern era

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    In India.

HTH
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    It got shifted to India, didn't it?
    Is there an echo in here?

Comment

In here? In here?

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        It got shafted to India, didn't it?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Has everyone left then? Be a good chap then and switch the lights off.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
            tootsie waa tootsie waa tootsie waa waa waa
            tootsie waa tootsie waa tootsie waa waa waa
            Chuchua?????
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              Chuchua?????
              Tjoe Tjoe Wa

Dramatisch! Maar wel verrie cool! Wij gaan deze opvoeren met een bonte avond.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Forget all those backward countries in Europe that still do silly things like making cars. There's no added value in assembling machinery - you can do that anywhere. Britain is well positioned for the future - industries that are needed are:

1) Financial services - this will need a better model but will be big going forward
                2) Bio-tech and pharma - this is the next big thing that people will pay for - changing your body and brain. Britain is a world leader
                3) Entertainment industries - can be sold to the growing middle classes around the world.
                4) Design/media/ advertising - British companies are world class at this.
                5) And of course the Arms industry - Britain is a world leader

Finally we should develop a huge new industry in energy efficiency
                Can you give me a good reason of why any of these industries are not cheaper if relocated somewhere else? The fact is that there is no limit to outsourcing. There is nothing that must be done locally, except for a few jobs which require physical contact (and even so, with the new technologies it is already possible to perform some of them from a distance, example remote surgeries).

Exception is perhaps 3) but you are taking the assumption that this will be of interest to emerging markets while I doubt that india or china will be that interested in British entertainment.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                  Can you give me a good reason of why any of these industries are not cheaper if relocated somewhere else? The fact is that there is no limit to outsourcing. There is nothing that must be done locally, except for a few jobs which require physical contact (and even so, with the new technologies it is already possible to perform some of them from a distance, example remote surgeries).

Exception is perhaps 3) but you are taking the assumption that this will be of interest to emerging markets while I doubt that india or china will be that interested in British entertainment.
                  You're right. We're doomed.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Export British Enterainment...not sure who would really want to buy this, but should add a few thousand pounds to the trade deficit.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                      Can you give me a good reason of why any of these industries are not cheaper if relocated somewhere else?
                      Aha, this is where you've missed the really clever bit of Gordon Brown's master plan. If Sterling drops like a stone we become a prime, cheap location.

Comment

Working...
                      X