• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's it going to end?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right here but in a long, long, long time. well, we are due a catastrophic event. so maybe not such a long, long, long time. maybe just a long, long time.

one thing is for sure it will end in a very big bang - just like it all began.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
      one thing is for sure it will end in a very big bang - just like it all began.
      BOOMED
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        I should think so. Brown can hardly believe his luck, he's been dreaming of doing this all his life. For him, and Darling and a lot of people arouind them, nationalising is not an unfortunate necessity, but a happy opportunity.

That is why I fear for private pensions: I should think that Brown is, with the best of intentions, convinced that he is the best one to run them (and make good use of the money in the meantime).
        I think you'll find its a bit more than that.

Those who know Darling from his University days and early days in Edinburgh South Council would tell you he is an unashamed Communist - its not by accident that he is presiding over the Nationalisation of the UKs economy.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
          I think Carbon taxes is the plan as it is a new revenue stream.
          That sounds likely, the ground is well prepared. But remember Brown's penchant for looking around and prudently trying to maximise revenue from existing streams.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            Those who know Darling from his University days and early days in Edinburgh South Council would tell you he is an unashamed Communist - its not by accident that he is presiding over the Nationalisation of the UKs economy.
            Hmm, just looked at it. IMG: if I recall, they were an invitation-only group of Trots who aimed at "entrism", i.e. planting followers in mainstream positions. Looks like they have succeeded.

Comment

Working...
            X