• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where's it going to end?"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Those who know Darling from his University days and early days in Edinburgh South Council would tell you he is an unashamed Communist - its not by accident that he is presiding over the Nationalisation of the UKs economy.
    Hmm, just looked at it. IMG: if I recall, they were an invitation-only group of Trots who aimed at "entrism", i.e. planting followers in mainstream positions. Looks like they have succeeded.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    I think Carbon taxes is the plan as it is a new revenue stream.
    That sounds likely, the ground is well prepared. But remember Brown's penchant for looking around and prudently trying to maximise revenue from existing streams.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    I should think so. Brown can hardly believe his luck, he's been dreaming of doing this all his life. For him, and Darling and a lot of people arouind them, nationalising is not an unfortunate necessity, but a happy opportunity.

That is why I fear for private pensions: I should think that Brown is, with the best of intentions, convinced that he is the best one to run them (and make good use of the money in the meantime).
    I think you'll find its a bit more than that.

Those who know Darling from his University days and early days in Edinburgh South Council would tell you he is an unashamed Communist - its not by accident that he is presiding over the Nationalisation of the UKs economy.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    one thing is for sure it will end in a very big bang - just like it all began.
    BOOMED

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    right here but in a long, long, long time. well, we are due a catastrophic event. so maybe not such a long, long, long time. maybe just a long, long time.

one thing is for sure it will end in a very big bang - just like it all began.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    That is why I fear for private pensions: I should think that Brown is, with the best of intentions, convinced that he is the best one to run them (and make good use of the money in the meantime).
    I disagree - that kind of action would raise red flags all over and those government bonds they're trying to flog would have even less buyers than they do now.
    I think Carbon taxes is the plan as it is a new revenue stream.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    £25bn

Aiming small isn't going to help. I;ll flog them some preference shares in my company (and a kidney) for that sum, though.
    Would you sell it for 10p?

This is where you reply "certainly not : do you think I am some sort of soulless non-entity" to which I reply "that we have already established - now we are just haggling over price"

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Wny not write to GB and say your limited is about to go bust? £1m should see you through 2009....

BOOMED!
    £25bn

Aiming small isn't going to help. I;ll flog them some preference shares in my company (and a kidney) for that sum, though.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Alternatively he may see my minimum wage salary, then demand a kidney from me
    Plans are already afoot to nationalise body parts. You kidneys are belong to us.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Are we just going to continue to bail out every failing industry until everything's owned by UK PLC?
    I should think so. Brown can hardly believe his luck, he's been dreaming of doing this all his life. For him, and Darling and a lot of people arouind them, nationalising is not an unfortunate necessity, but a happy opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Just don't give it to my ex.........

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Wny not write to GB and say your limited is about to go bust? £1m should see you through 2009....

BOOMED!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Shall I start sharpening my scythe for when I get conscripted to a collective farm?
    I can think of better uses for it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Are we just going to continue to bail out every failing industry until everything's owned by UK PLC? Shall I start sharpening my scythe for when I get conscripted to a collective farm?

BOOMED!

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    started a topic Where's it going to end?

Where's it going to end?

Are we just going to continue to bail out every failing industry until everything's owned by UK PLC? Shall I start sharpening my scythe for when I get conscripted to a collective farm?

Working...
X