• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jaguar-Land Rover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
    Freelander TD4 gives 37.7MPG combined cycle. Range Rover TDV8 gives 25.4MPG - and with some hybrid stuff on the way, I think these are pretty respectible really, given the luxury.

The problem is people with idea's and perceptions deeply rooted in the past. JLR is no different from any other european car company at the moment - it is a different problem to that affecting the US.

The swedes bailed out Volvo and Saab (who are owned by the failing big 3!), to the tune of £2.3bn earlier this year. No predictions of doom there though! (linky)

Good work!
    And lets not forget the Jag XJ from Top Gear last week!

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
      Freelander TD4 gives 37.7MPG combined cycle. Range Rover TDV8 gives 25.4MPG - and with some hybrid stuff on the way, I think these are pretty respectible really, given the luxury.

The problem is people with idea's and perceptions deeply rooted in the past. JLR is no different from any other european car company at the moment - it is a different problem to that affecting the US.

The swedes bailed out Volvo and Saab (who are owned by the failing big 3!), to the tune of £2.3bn earlier this year. No predictions of doom there though! (linky)
      I don't think it's enough, 4x4's sales were in decline even before this as people simply don't want this sort of thing anymore.

If Honda can't sell cars no-one can.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        I don't think it's enough, 4x4's sales were in decline even before this as people simply don't want this sort of thing anymore.

If Honda can't sell cars no-one can.
        DA

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Jorn Madslien?
          Anagram of JIR Mandelson. But for the "I", that's Jaguar Land Rover Mandelson.

linky - I never knew that Norway had a cavalry.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            My preference would be not to spend the money at all!
            Probably but if it goes under It will cost that in a few months.

Tell the Indian to GTF and then form a group and give them the money to buy it.

Comment

Mandelson rules out early rescue for Jaguar

Peter Mandelson threw cold water on prospects for an early government bailout of Jaguar Land Rover last night, saying that the company's Indian owners must "look to their own resources" and "pass tough tests" before any rescue would be considered.

The business secretary's remarks to the Observer, coming only hours after the Labour peer Lord Bhattacharyya suggested that a £667m rescue was imminent, were echoed even more strongly by another senior government source. "We are not an ATM machine," he said.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Range Rovers are pretty decent competitive cars that deserve support, but Jaguar is a loser - it has no chance. There are too many car manufacturers out there and the weakest have to go bust to allow strong ones to make money.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Range Rovers are pretty decent competitive cars that deserve support, but Jaguar is a loser - it has no chance. There are too many car manufacturers out there and the weakest have to go bust to allow strong ones to make money.
                  Now he's a car industry guru as well, is there no end to his wealth of knowledge?
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    Now he's a car industry guru as well, is there no end to his wealth of knowledge?
                    I've seen plenty of Range Rovers in Moscow last time I was there and no Jaguars. If a luxury car maker can't sell its stuff to countries like that it is a goner.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                      beginning

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X