• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scientists debunk the myth that you lose most heat through your head

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel much warmer with a hat on...Then again I lived in a country where exposed skin could freeze in under a minute.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      As an engineer I feel I must boringly point out that temperature of any bit is a function both of loss to the air and heat supply to it from the body so thin protrudy bits without major blood flow are the problem, fingers, toes, ears noses and male naughty bits for those of us who wander around in the snow not wearing any pants.
      Those parts are all very small though.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Those parts are all very small though.
        Speak for yourself......

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          I lived in a country where exposed skin could freeze in under a minute.
          Lancashire?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
          X