• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police up to old trick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    This is a good point. They can lie as much as they want during interview : and they do.
    Yes, it's common practice and it is called bluff. They can't do it in court however as it will be called perjury.

Comment

And now we see the cynical reaction of the Home Office as they deport Dr. Asha - because his Visa expired while he was remanded.

Had he tried to renew it while remanded it would have been refused anyway.
      Clear indication the government considers him to be a dangerous person.

Doubt the deportation will go through though...he has a good lawyer.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I think this is more a case of the police cocked it up again, (by not getting enough admissible evidence to get a conviction), rather than "up to their old tricks".
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Interesting article here...

Here
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            From the Telegraph:
            misleading the public now seems the default position of the police and the Government
            Now, this is the Telegraph here, not the Morning Star.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              Doubt the deportation will go through though...he has a good lawyer.
              Paid by the taxpayer too...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Paid by the taxpayer too...
                In that case he has a rubbish lawyer...
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

The police can be trusted perfectly to carry out their function in society.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    The police can be trusted perfectly to carry out their function in society.
                    And complaints can be handled with the Haringey Option: first they conduct a thorough investigation, they they exonerate themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      And complaints can be handled with the Haringey Option: first they conduct a thorough investigation, they they exonerate themselves.
                      Why complain? They're only doing their job.

Comment

Working...
                      X