• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

estimated investors' losses at about $50 billion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    There are a few on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      So you'd be happy to use a bank that advised its customers to invest in a Ponzi scheme?
      Show me link saying that it was the bank who advised them to invest? I doubt you will find it, until then your claim is baseless speculation.

My guess is that rich idiots who used the right bank were taken for a ride by 3rd party, in small part the bank itself (17 mln euros) also lost out, however it's a very small loss compared to even RBS, so my original point stands.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Not you mate, you converted your money from imaginary euros too early...

I give you some credit for selling your imaginary villa though

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...ged-fraud.html

"Spain's Banco Santander, which owns Abbey and Alliance and Leicester, said its hedge fund unit invested €2.33bn (£2bn) of client funds with Bernard Madoff."

Actually this article shows it a bit in different light - I certainly don't approve of banks running hedge funds using clients money...

Comment

Working...
          X