• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smoking.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Beware of replacement activities: neither eating nor drinking has the same contemplative aspect and they do have other effects.
    Agree 100%, I've not found anybody who is happy for me to pop out once an hour for a quick pint and the rozzers go mental when they see you quaffing your ale while pegging down the M62.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      You can always send me a PM if you are lonely.
      I am lonely : can I PM you?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        Yeah I'm not that lonely
        I'm not sure that anyone could be so sad and friendless that they'd be that lonely.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I am lonely : can I PM you?
          I stand corrected...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

i gave up 7 months ago, occasionally get a strong urge to smoke but not often.

Have put on about a stone in weight as started picking on chocolate. On a serious health trip now as dont want to baloon in weight (walk 5 miles a day to the station and back!)

Have noticed huge improvements in lungs, no longer out of breath walking up the stairs, twice as much time on the puch bag in the gym, The mrs said theres a big improvement in the old sack too lol

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              However I should add that neither is as bad for you as smoking, so keep it up. And they do say that if you can beat the weed, you can beat anything. Tell that to my waistline.

You're a lovely man
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

I gave up about 50 years ago, never wanted another since

Someone gave me a puff on a ciggy when I was five, in the school gates, put me off for life it did.

I wish the bugger had given me a pint of special brew at the same time

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  It's been 18 months since I quit, and I've never been tempted to have even one. I'm still quite amazed how quickly the urge to smoke went.

But...on reflection....I dont think I'm as happy as I was when I smoked.

I loved that time on my own - every hour, just 5 minutes to myself, no matter what. People say smoking is sociable, but I actually think it's quite a solitary thing, time alone with your own thoughts, your own peace.

I miss it.

I dont miss coughing, or being constantly out of breath, or smelling (which I never noticed, but I notice now on other people)....but I miss the "art" of smoking.

Or maybe I'm just a bit lonely.

I'm having a "ho hum" sort of day...
                  ditto on every point - 18 months for me too. i do miss the quiet time outside sat on the doorstep or whatever. sometimes it's worth just going outside with a cup of coffee or something - some people might think you're odd, but you've just beaten a seriously nasty addiction, which makes you somewhat more superhuman than they are so you can do what you effing like.
                  Originally posted by BolshieBastard
                  You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

This is all very encouraging, I only smoke about 4 a day and all are at work just to relieve the boredom, no-one else in the office smokes so despite my best efforts I am aware that I probably stink when I come back.

I really need a final push and quit for good as there is always a danger I might slip back into smoking more. I did it for 5 months a couple of years ago so god knows why I started again.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                      I really need a final push and quit for good
                      use patches and gum together. so long as you can ride out the chest pains you'll be sorted.
                      Originally posted by BolshieBastard
                      You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Working...
                      X